VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Showcase Cages?

Go down 
+5
smb2585
leftoflarry
DaganGecko
Jabberwocky Dragons
Lokielani
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone has used/heard anything about them. I'm looking into getting 3 or 4 for my beardie, uro, python and soon to be skink. I like them becasue they look nice (will be in my office) and they look space efficient (has areas for heating/lighting/misting elements, locking glass doors etc. They are on sale right now for 299.00 each (36" x 24" x 24").

Is there something better???
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:17 pm

These do look really nice. I am interested in picking up 3-8 of the 48''x18''x24'' cages. Send me a PM or email if you are interested in combining orders and see if we can't qualify for wholesale pricing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Links to examples?
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:41 am

My friend keeps a bearded dragon in one. I babysat the bearded dragon in one of these. These are very nice cages. Very well built, but bulky. They do make for very nice display cages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 am

They are certainly very attractive! I do not think any of my current pets would work in these cages, though, as most of my animals are nocturnal and make it their business to hide all day. Wink If I bought a "showcase" cage, I would definitely be buying a "showcase" animal to go with it!

I really would like to see people's "showcase" setups if you have them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 am

Looks great! That would be something I'd consider to put in our "chill room" to display something awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
These do look really nice. I am interested in picking up 3-8 of the 48''x18''x24'' cages. Send me a PM or email if you are interested in combining orders and see if we can't qualify for wholesale pricing.

Nevermind. Turns out, they do not offer large order discounts or even combine shipping costs.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:00 pm

I've been checking them out for a while and have this dream of cutting holes in a wall and recessing them into the wall so they are flush.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Vary nice cages,
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:46 pm

They look pretty but I find myself wondering how difficult they might be to build.

I feel like some craftsmanship and some crown molding might yield something comparable in quality, customized in design, and half the price.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 pm

I believe they sell the glass tracks (tracts?) at home depot along with the glass. I've thought about making them out of melamine before, some stores (Lowes) keep the colored or faux wood melamine. It's finishing the cut ends that was the hard part and why I gave the idea up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Nick, if you are going to use melamine, use glass instead. It's just as heavy, depending on how big you want the cage and you can put water in it and clean it with bleach.

I like the cages in the op, but the shipping is too much on the larger cages.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Nevermind. Turns out, they do not offer large order discounts or even combine shipping costs.

That sucks!

thanks for all of the comments. I am really interested in them, so I just wanted to see what everyone says, so I guess they are ok. I am thinking about getting some of the black granite ones in a few weeks. I will post pics when I get them set up Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:30 pm

Focal wrote:
It's finishing the cut ends that was the hard part and why I gave the idea up.

They also make a plastic strip that finishes the end cut. But you have to router out a RECIVING cut to install it. It's shaped like a T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Showcase Cages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showcase Cages?   Showcase Cages? Empty

Back to top Go down

Showcase Cages?
Page 1 of 1