VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rat crawlers or mice

Go down 
+5
Focal
zues
Cp3_Pythons
Don
smd58
9 posters
AuthorMessage
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

Rat crawlers or mice Empty
PostSubject: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Today's feeding day, for the small ones. I coundnt get my hands on some rat crawler so I got mice. The question is do you think crawler or mice are better food, to add weight to your snakes. I think crawlers because there more body fat.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:31 pm

I agree. I've been told ASFs work best to get snakes up to weight. But, if the only choice is rats or mice, I'd go with rats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 pm

I agree with Don I prefer rats.... I wont feed mice period... I do have one picky eater that I will be starting to feed asf's this week I'd prefer for her to eat plain rats... but being a female I need her to put some weight on... Honestly it might sound bad but if it was a male I'd more than likely would keep him on rats... and wouldn't offer asf's...
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:47 pm

I would say rats also. If you take a rat pup and a mouse sitting side by side that look the same size the rat pup weigh more than twice as much.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:15 am

I agree with rats.

Clarence I owe you some rep. I accidentally clicked the minus rep button Facepalm Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:16 am

Focal wrote:
I agree with rats.

Clarence I owe you some rep. I accidentally clicked the minus rep button Facepalm Sorry.

I gave him a plus to make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks. I wish there was a second window that would read "Are you sure?"
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 am

Cp3_Pythons wrote:
I agree with Don I prefer rats.... I wont feed mice period... I do have one picky eater that I will be starting to feed asf's this week I'd prefer for her to eat plain rats... but being a female I need her to put some weight on... Honestly it might sound bad but if it was a male I'd more than likely would keep him on rats... and wouldn't offer asf's...

I get that. If I had a picky female I would totally consider going to ASF's because it is a female. If one of my males doesn't eat I just say "Oh well! Maybe you will be hungry next week!" If one of my girls doesn't eat I say "Oh crap! Is the heat right? How about the humidity? I don't see any mites. Maybe if I slather BBQ sauce on your rat, you will eat it? No? How about I dress your rat up in a nice metrosexual outfit and teach it how to dance? Will you eat it then?" Let this be a lesson to the rest of you. When someone says "Why do you treat a boy different than a girl?" BECAUSE!!! They are different!! Besides, boys don't like BBQ sauce on their rats.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am

MADKATTER wrote:
Besides, boys don't like BBQ sauce on their rats.

That's funny you mention BBQ sauce, because we were discussing the KFC grease method this weekend. My brother didn't believe that people actually have had success using it on rats.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:53 pm

Focal wrote:
MADKATTER wrote:

That's funny you mention BBQ sauce, because we were discussing the KFC grease method this weekend. My brother didn't believe that people actually have had success using it on rats.

What are you talking about, kfc grease on rodents and then feeding them?
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm

smd58 wrote:
Focal wrote:
MADKATTER wrote:

What are you talking about, kfc grease on rodents and then feeding them?

No, no, no! KFC grease on the rodent and then YOU eat it! Tastes like chicken! lol!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:13 pm

Last edited by Focal on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:19 pm

Very Interesting, I've heard of the soup but never that.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Funny, I've heard lots of tricks to get a bp eating, but this is the first time I've heard this one.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 pm

NEVER thought of that... seriously??? Wow....

btw I gave Clarence a + so it should move it some too...
Back to top Go down
blazinyabreezy

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 am

Focal sorry dude was trying to click the link you posted and accidently hit the minus button on ya affraid guess I owe you now too!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 am

Focal wrote:
I agree with rats.

Yea I'm sure it was an accident Nick... keep the rep I'll take the negative hit keep me in mind when that big girl lays.... cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:46 am

LOL, it's no problem Smile I wish I could change the little +/-'s to something else but I'm not that savy with HTML and templates.
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 am

Rats!, more nutritous for the snake and mice smell like crap!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rat crawlers or mice   Rat crawlers or mice Empty

Back to top Go down

Rat crawlers or mice
Page 1 of 1