VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boaphile RhinoRaXX

Go down 
+4
Docwade87
acl2790
Focal
blackfish707
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blackfish707
blackfish707

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Looking into ordering one so I can get rid of these annoying glass tanks. Any of you guys use them? Also, is their "brand" thermostat the way to go with these things? Because I kind of feel like I could just pick up a regular one locally and for a lot less doll hairs.

Thanks in advance!
-Delaney
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:17 am

I've never used them but I am also curious ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 pm

they are good, I own a few of them, and I also use a herpstat 4 to regulate the temp. works like a charm
Back to top Go down
Docwade87
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Docwade87

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

I have a boaphile and love it!!! As far as the thermostats I'm not sure. I use helix and love them!! Have never had any issues. However, most of the nicer thermostats are pretty much the same now a days. Just personal preference. I don't know what you mean by local ones, but I would really recommend going out on a limb and purchasing a nice one like herpstat, helix or any kind that is like them. They are really worth the money and are very very reliable. One thing I like about the helix, is that it never shuts off, it is continuously adjusting and monitoring. Some thermostats shut off once the desired temp is reached and turn back on once it drops again..... def look into all of them. I promise they are worth the extra "doll hairs"
Back to top Go down
Don

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:16 am

Helix is my least favorite of the better thermostats. I own Helix, Herpstat and Vivarium Electronics. Both Herpstat and VE have more than one button to operate. Helix has only one button and cycling through the entire range of temps just to drop a degree is a pain. Recently, my favorite is the VE. The VE200 is proportional (like the helix described in the above post).

Proportional thermostats are not on/off, but adjust the amount of current to the flexwatt to regulate temperature. VE100's are on/off, VE200's, VE300's and Herpstats are all proportional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
blackfish707
blackfish707

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, these are great replies. I just moved into an apartment and am looking to save some space with the racks. I'll be ordering in the next week or so, but still would love to hear other personal experiences and preferences. Also, for those of you that have racks from Boaphile, how was delivery? I've heard it can take a few weeks to be delivered?
Back to top Go down
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 pm

I have a Boaphile! This one to be precise --> http://www.boaphileplastics.com/rhinoraxx_five_sideways_sterilite.html

I really love it. The thermostat they use is great, I have yet to have any issue with it at all. It was also all ridiculously easy to set up, which is great, because it was my first rack and I was so paranoid that I wouldn't understand any of it and I would make some horrific error.

The delivery does take a while, being perfectly honest. It took closer to 6-7 weeks, rather than the (I think) 3-5 you get quoted. All in all, I'm really happy with it, and I'm glad I bought it from these guys. They make everything themselves, the products are really simple and have so far held up really nicely. They have easily the best prices short of making one yourself.

I know how you feel about needing to consolidate room. I live in an apartment as well, and it has helped immensely. Not to mention I don't have to have any awkward conversations with maintenance people, despite the fact that technically snakes/fish/amphibians are completely allowed sans pet deposit, per our lease. The rack looks just like a plastic dresser from Walmart. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:51 am

OMG that is orgasmically awesome. Delivered assembled. Can't beat that!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 am

I know this topic died a couple months ago but I just wanted to add my support of the boaphile rhinoraxx, I also got the 5 level sideways rack and used their therm. Everything has been great. No issues and delivery was about 4 weeks for me. Big thumbs up from me!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/PrymalReptile
Sponsored content

Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boaphile RhinoRaXX   Boaphile RhinoRaXX Empty

Back to top Go down

Boaphile RhinoRaXX
Page 1 of 1