VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service Empty
PostSubject: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 am

Does anyone in Hampton Roads use T-Mobile? If so, how is the local area coverage (most importantly) and customer service?

I've used Verizon for the past 10 years but they are getting absurdly expensive compared to T-Mobile and the customer service is declining. On the other hand, I almost never get dropped calls and wouldn't be interested in switching if T-Mobile has poor coverage here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 am

I have AT&T and my brother has T-Mobile. Usually when I am complaining about not having service in the country, he replies with "haha, I have two bars." If that helps any.

On a separate, similiar note, Verizon sucks. I sat around Tuesday waiting by the door for 9 hours for a Tech that never showed to install internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:01 am

verizon has the worst customer service i have ever had to experience and im not gonna even tell you guys what i had to go through with them because im likely to toss my computer across the room!! Mad att is whatever and i have heard good things about t mobile
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 am

Oh, forgot to mention. My AT&T mobile internet is a lot quicker than my brothers T-Mobile but that could be phone related too.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks for the comments. Nick, you said your brother has good service in the country but does he also have good coverage in hampton roads? That sucks about the internet, we use Cox and I would love to drop them in a second. I finally did for cable after about 10 years, going instead with Directv instead and couldn't be happier. It now takes me roughly 30 seconds to get a live agent rather than the usual 30+min for Cox.

I keep seeing these T-Mobile plans for unlimited talk, text, and internet for considerably cheaper than I am paying for just limited minutes from Verizon (with a sizable work discount for Verizon!). It's pretty tempting...
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 am

I'll have to ask him. I know sometimes I'll text him and he won't get it (or at least that what he says) or I will call and he says he never got the call. Again, could be the phone or user.

One thing I would look into if going with T-Mobile, is their internet. I heard they weren't up to date with other phone carriers but not positive. Something along the lines of not being 3g capable or 4g, I don't know really but worth looking into if that's important to you. Other than that, I have been jealous of what they have to offer.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am

That is a good point. I actually don't have an internet phone nor have ever had one (I know shameful right No ) so I wouldn't have any basis for comparison.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 am

I just had a brief moment to speak with my cell phone guru. He said he hated T-Mobiles mobile internet and said he could never get a 3g speed connection in this area. I didn't know it was that bad but this guy lives by his cell and has pretty high standards.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am

Okay, that's good to know, thanks for asking. That might explain why the internet package is so cheap.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 am

Miles has T-Mobile and their customer service is a MoFo. If you tell them you want to add a line or sign up for service they pick up immediately but if you go into their customer service option or warranty claims they dont... if you tell them you want to terminate service you wait on hold forever too.

He has LITERALLY sat on hold for HOURS to speak to someone when his phone went for a swim...

They are very much a pain in the arse... and rude

And when we went to Shenendoah a couple of years ago, everyone that went had Sprint, Verizon, or T-Mobile and had no service...

I am on my dads ghetto cheap company plan with NTelos and I had great coverage with no issues and he has great customer service but NTelos does not have a wide selection of phones but since i dont pay for it I cant complain...

and when we are on base bowling, i think everyone in that building has lousy service including mine so it drains our batteries...
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 am

Oh and his internet is crappy too. when his laptop broke and he was just using his phone for internet... it was just a pain in the butt so he ended up buying a new laptop because he couldnt stand how slow it was.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:46 am

Thanks. I was also looking at N-Telos but hadn't heard much about them so I wrote them off. I'll look into them more though since it sounds like you're happy with them. The phone selection isn't important to me as long as it works well.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I have unlimited talk, text, data, 200 "roaming minutes" and super slow internet usage and I think it's literally like $50 a month if that on his plan... and if you have more than one phone you can put them on a deal together and they charlike like $75 for the two so my dad has my mom and i on a shared package plan but we both have the same options... If i upgrade to a smart phone with the other issues it goes up to like $80? but I dont need any of that... i just need to text and send pictures and call people lol.

NTelos is expanding their service area too but the only place i have issues is when i am on little creek but i think thats natural for alot of phones
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am

Beware of AT&T's new customer loyalty idea Facepalm

http://www.vaherps.com/t1113-another-att-beware#10330
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:35 am

I use sprint and I seldom lose calls. Internet's fairly slow, but I don't use it much other than to settle intellectual questions of pressing importance (uselessly trivial arguments)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service   Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service Empty

Back to top Go down

Hampton Roads Cell Phone Service
Page 1 of 1