VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BURM BABY

Go down 
+2
pksnipr
Morta_Dae13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:27 pm

soo im kinda wanting a burm baby just in spite of this new law comming. any thoughts? hahaha
Back to top Go down
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 pm

get it quick.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:33 pm

ye i know i have to but i dont have the money for one right now hahaha but it isnt supposed to take affect for what 50 days i think i saw somewhere? but everyone is being baught out soooo yea i wated atleast one and then later on i could find a breeder partner Twisted Evil *insert evil laugh here* lol
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 pm

i dont think im going to be able to get one though so oh well....its a nice thought to you know "stick it to the man" hahaha
Back to top Go down
pksnipr
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
pksnipr

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:51 pm

you can get one within the next 60 days ubtil the interstate ban goes into effect.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:03 pm

yea but i have to find someone who still has some and isnt trying to sell them for an arm and leg with a few teeth thrown in for good measure haha you know people are going to try and up sale them specifically because they will no longer be available after ban...you know legally anyways
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:16 pm

im kinda wanting a male hatchling but i know thats probly not going to happen haha i want to raise him myself that way i know he will have a good temperment and cuz it would be more fun that way i mean i just got a ball from someone on craigs and shes taken to me almost instantly but still that may not always be the case. its kinda sad that i have just started to "collect" reptiles and i already want so much more of so many different species
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I thought this federal ban was only for the interstate transportation and importation of these species. Its not an outright ban. If there are burm breeders in Virginia, won't you still be able to legally obtain an animal from them?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:50 pm

yea i was told it was a full ban haha now that ive actually gone and fully read it yea its just interstate transport. i dont know of any breeders since almost everyone that i know are babies when it comes to snakes but i guess thats a fairly common reaction to them
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm

ooo your name jesse??
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Yes, my name is Jesse.

If I had any experience with large snakes I would take on some burms and other giants to breed them, but the largest snake I own is only a colombian red tail boa. Wish I had the experience and space.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:02 pm

thats cool thats my nick name actualy i just found it momentairily entertaining.

in any case ive not had too much experiance with them either, but i do have an entire spare room that i am turning into my "reptile" room. it only has 2 occupants as of now but i want more ^_^
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:20 pm

I already have a reptile room (more of an animal room really, because it also houses my ferrets, fish tank, and bird) and I'm running out of space. We are hoping to move this summer and get a bigger place. Then I can expand my collection!
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:25 pm

sounds like a plan lol yea i want to get other animals as well but im currently on a snake fix and im really wanting a hedgie baby as well just have to find one thats not like 300
Back to top Go down
Vampress
Vampress

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 am

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought the ban only stops transportation i dont think it stops local breeding.. So i am pretty sure you can buy them locally?
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:27 am

well i was told last night by the pet store that they can no longer carry any type of "large constrictor" so no boas or pythons. and i went to 2 different stores last night. one of managers told me that with the new ban in effect youre going to have to register the animals for a pretty penny and if youre cought with one thats unregistered you get to pay a fine. i dont know how accurate that is but it kinda mad me sad....
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Thats what there trying to do in the state of virginia..i dont see it happening..i have retics burns n anacondas..burms are no more harder to handle then a ball python or a redtail till there alot bigger then it takes a couple people to lift em..cage cleaning day just poke em a little bit they will move or come out the cageto roam then you put em back
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:27 pm

yea i dont think it will either but you never know. they are using the psycho who let all his go before killing himself and the incedent in florida be the basis for this law.
Back to top Go down
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm

If the virginia bans go in effect any snakes bought before July 1, 2012 will be grandfathered in. Keep an eye on this law and if it gains momentum buy before then.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:44 pm

yea i know ive read it a few times and even printed it and highlighted important parts. including the grandfather protection of any species baught before july 1. the thing is if im going to be able to get one by then and even after that theres no breeding and if it dies im sol and cant get another one which kinda sucks. idk i just dont understand how the can pass something with out haveing actual hard evidence. they are mainly going off the incedent in florida, but what they do not want to understand is that those snakes wouldnt be able to survive in our climate its too cold. even if a few were to servive they would never be able to breed, the temps dont get hot enough for incubation. but the people of congress are biased in their thinking when it comes to certain subjects including this one. most epople grow up being taught to hate and fear specific animals snakes being amoungst the top 5 but they never actually interact with a snake they dont know what its like to watch them hatch and they dont know how it feels to hold one for the first time and know thats going to be the newest part of your family. and the worst part is, they dont want to. and for that i pitty them honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BURM BABY Empty
PostSubject: Re: BURM BABY   BURM BABY Empty

Back to top Go down

BURM BABY
Page 1 of 1