VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Purty slow 'round here lately ...

Go down 
+9
Don
MADexotics
smb2585
Jabberwocky Dragons
leftoflarry
smd58
MADKATTER
ezekiel21
Focal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Purty slow 'round here lately ... Empty
PostSubject: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Anyone have anything special going on outside of reptiles? I'm really looking forward to spring to start fishing again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:39 pm

I would love to go fishing again, I haven't been since I was 16. I used to have to fish and then cook um for my brothers and sister cause my mother would leave us for days at a time without money or food to go do crack. I loved it and would love to go. What's a good fishing spot? I don't like the ocean..... Too many waves.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm

Wow, I'm sorry.... I'm super depressing.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:20 pm

I actually sold both of my kayaks to start this snake project. I didn't want to wait. I can't wait until the spring to do some kind of fishing, even though I won't be able to get out on the water. Actually, I might pick some type of watercraft up in the spring depending of course on how many Desert ball pythons my girls produce. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:46 pm

ezekiel21 wrote:
I would love to go fishing again, I haven't been since I was 16. I used to have to fish and then cook um for my brothers and sister cause my mother would leave us for days at a time without money or food to go do crack. I loved it and would love to go. What's a good fishing spot? I don't like the ocean..... Too many waves.

I usually fish in the bay which is much calmer than the ocean. There are smaller bays and tributaries within the bay that are even better. There are a bunch of freshwater spots but they are small and victims of American waste.

MADKATTER wrote:
I actually sold both of my kayaks to start this snake project. I didn't want to wait. I can't wait until the spring to do some kind of fishing, even though I won't be able to get out on the water. Actually, I might pick some type of watercraft up in the spring depending of course on how many Desert ball pythons my girls produce. Fingers crossed!

Ha! I sold my kayaks to fuel my BP addiction too. I'm thinking of getting a cheap project boat, something really small and easy to care for. I use to have a 24' cuddy and the maintenance took longer than the fishing trips.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:18 pm

I like doing my archery, but not in this cold. And I been thinking of getting back into rock tumbling, but need to get the equipment again.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:37 pm

I go fly fishing mostly. usually for small mouth or sometimes trout in Pennsylvania. I'm trying to learn how to fly fish for carp...and that's not easy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:18 am

Ha! I sold my kayaks to fuel my BP addiction too. I'm thinking of getting a cheap project boat, something really small and easy to care for. I use to have a 24' cuddy and the maintenance took onger than the fishing trips.[/quote]

I do miss my kayaks but my interest in this hobby far out weighs that loss. I saw a nice flat back canoe at Bass Pro that I have my eye on. I fish mostly in the York River and this canoe is wide enough and big enough for me and my kids. Also, I can't get anything too big because I have a communist home owners association that will fine me if I leave a boat in my driveway. I hate them.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:16 pm

I really miss fishing, especially off a boat, so I made the mistake of taking my wife on one of the all day charter boat fishing trips out of Hampton in mid-November.

The first mistake was the extremely cold weather, not fun. I come from the line of fishing where fishing is casting out and waiting for a bite, preferably with a cold beer but still fun without. Unbeknownst to us, this trip was for striper fishing which consisted of non-stop casting and reeling with lures.... wayyyy more work than we were prepared to do. Especially since the boat was crowed with fishing idio... err novices so the rule was underhanded casts only. Between that, the constant tangled lines, the snags on the pilings, and the extreme cold, it was definitely one of the more miserable trips, fishing or otherwise, I had been on in a while.

I would really love to get a little 16' boat that I can just relax on the river with or even the bay when it is calm.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:51 pm

We bowl on Wednesday's.. that goes until the end of April... after that who knows? We will be in the new house by then... and he always comes up with some sort of new thing to do. Last summer it was the jetski... this year maybe a camper to go camping.

We had a pop up once... went in January an the stupid heat broke.. it was a miserable experience... and i HATE the cold... so maybe spring/summer camping wont be too unbearably bad... i hate the hot weather too. I love spring and fall weather if/when we ever get it. otherwise i am a homebody.
Back to top Go down
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Woooo fishing. We just went and checked on the boat in storage the other day. Made me itch to be out on the water again.

But of course we have the horses too and that is a year round hobby that never stops eating every single bit of green paper in my wallet. But with this weird winter weather we've had I've been able to keep riding and training the whole winter so far...
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:01 pm

My main interest outside of Reptiles (and family) is motorcycles. I have a Harley and a BMW and put more miles in a year on two wheels than I do on four.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Brian, I think I may have bene on that same charter out of Hampton. The experience sound exactly the same.

Steph, I sold my RV last year and was a big camping fanatic. I ended getting the steal of a lifetime and got a 33' A class RV for $1000. But it's like a boat. The best two days are the day you get it and the day you sell it LOL It was an 88 so there was always something wrong but the inside was mint.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Awesome. I am a running water and need a bathroom and electricity kinda girl... so the pop up wasn't ideal for me... but Miles loves fishing and camping so I try to accommodate his likes... some things I just cant do... but I could do an RV or something like that... hopefully we will get something... Id love to go out for a weekend and see what its like lol.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:28 pm

i used to go camping a lot for ROTC. but all we used was pup tents! i loved it though. we had a blast. are there any good places out here for camping?
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:59 pm

[/quote]Ha! I sold my kayaks to fuel my BP addiction too. I'm thinking of getting a cheap project boat, something really small and easy to care for. I use to have a 24' cuddy and the maintenance took longer than the fishing trips.[/quote]

Good luck with that Nick. I didn't know such things exist.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm

ezekiel21 wrote:
i used to go camping a lot for ROTC. but all we used was pup tents! i loved it though. we had a blast. are there any good places out here for camping?

No, unless you like camping near the beach. There isn't really any fun camping around here in my opinion. You have to go inland more. It's too city-like at the campgrounds around here.

zues wrote:
Good luck with that Nick. I didn't know such things exist.

Yep, aluminum jon boat, trolling motor and a battery. Of course I'd probably end up screwed and stranded haha.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Don't need the jon boat....

Purty slow 'round here lately ... Boat
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 pm

I love fishing, but finding time in between five classes and a 40 hr work week is difficult. I too would love to have a boat, but convincing my husband it's a good purchase is the issue. I can't get a jon boat, or bass boat or anything like that, becasue he has to have somewhere to relax (he doesn't really like to fish all that much) Smile Right now during the break we just finished my home office (painting etc) and now we are getting ready to work on his man cave, but school will start next week so extra curriculars won't be on the agenda for a while.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:43 pm

I've been oil painting. Smile I'm working on two paintings that compliment each other. One is of a toad from Cyprus and one is of a toad from the AT in Tennessee. I took the photos but of course the paintings are not duplicates of them. I am also about to start working on more reptile art boxes to sell if I get a table at the Columbia Repticon in March. Oops...you said outside of reptiles. I can't help it, they permeate through my life!
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purty slow 'round here lately ...   Purty slow 'round here lately ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Purty slow 'round here lately ...
Page 1 of 1