VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 Empty
PostSubject: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Some of the herps we ran across while herping southern Maryland yesterday.  We did not find our target species, "Coastal Plains" milksnakes and surprisingly saw no copperheads. Took us about 6 hours and 14 different sites. Trying to post habitat pics by photobucket mobile is pretty onery!

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 IMG_1287198505724
Eastern Kingsnake

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 IMG956229
Black Racer - found under 20 sheets of tin!

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 IMG_1259224142840
Bull Frog - big 2 hander!!

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 IMG_1210893820855
Ground Skink - found three of these.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 7:20 pm

Excellent finds! How were the deer flies?

As teenagers my younger brother and I herped St. Mary's Co. frequently. Back in those days it was legal to sell w/c snakes to pet stores and other distributors. Had some great places in La Plata, Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties. I may me mistaken, but if I remember correctly we found most of the "CP" milksnake in Charles.
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks!! Surprisingly we had no trouble with the flies or ticks on this trip. We spent all day in Saint Mary's but also have great spots in Calvert County and a few good spots in Charles as well. Will be hitting Calvert in September.
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:28 pm

I grew up in St.Mary's I'm indeed surprised you did not find a copperhead they are everywhere out there one of the first snakes I ever brought home for my mom to see unknown to me at 7/8 was a little baby copperhead! Needless to say she was non too pleased with me. We did release it back deep into the woods :]
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Mary's County MD 8/16/14   St Mary's County MD 8/16/14 Empty

Back to top Go down

St Mary's County MD 8/16/14
Page 1 of 1