VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sincere

ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle Empty
PostSubject: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 am

Hello I'm looking for an alligator snapping turtle. The smaller the better so I can watch it grow. If you know anyone or know where I can look, your help is appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 10:12 pm

I believe that is illegal to sell them anywhere in the U.S. as they are protected.
Back to top Go down
TPatt
Established Member
Established Member
TPatt

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:41 pm

RalphMills wrote:
I believe that is illegal to sell them anywhere in the U.S. as they are protected.

Nope, things like this need to be googled...
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 7:59 pm

You are correct! I did find some for sale but I really do not like Turtleman.
Back to top Go down
sincere

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks all for your replys ive looked online and seen turtleman. Prices seem ok looking to order soon maybe.

@RalphMills why dont you like turtleman??
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 am

I like these guys, mine are still small though
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Last time I went to the Hamburg show hatchlings were plentiful a reasonably priced.
They are an amazing animal, but the responsibility is huge with these guys. As I'm sure you know, they are extremely long lived animals, and will require a very large container in the not to distant future.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Luckily they grow slow. About a half inch to an inch a year depending on gender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle   ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle Empty

Back to top Go down

ISO Alligator Snapping Turtle
Page 1 of 1