VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stolen Alligator Snapper

Go down 
+9
BlackboxStar
Focal
acl2790
Bobbykaizer
Don
MADKATTER
Stray
Jabberwocky Dragons
b_rickard
13 posters
AuthorMessage
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Stolen Alligator Snapper Empty
PostSubject: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 am

Hello.
If anyone sees an Alligator Snapper for sale anywhere let me know. A drug addict took mine sometime over the past 3 or 4 days.
It's about 12 straight carapass length give or take. It was given to me by a wildlife center in Iowa and I was keeping it for them and I told him that when I was showing him my animals. He kept pestering me to give him the turtle and I kept saying no, it wasn't mine to give away.
Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Besides watching Craigslist, I would recommend calling Pet Paradise, Animal Jungle, and two other exotic stores in Chesapeake to alert them. It may be better to ask them to just buy it for you to make sure you get it back but they do take down the sellers information which you can forward to the police.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh geez, good luck finding the poor guy!! I'll keep an eye out in case he makes it to Richmond :c
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 pm

You also have Pet World in Hampton and Newport News and T&B Reptile in Yorktown. You might want to let them know as well. Did you file a police report?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:29 pm

Yes, file a police report.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 5:57 pm

do you know the guys name? or where he lives or any info about him? or are we just looking for a big snapper?
Back to top Go down
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Sounds like detective Bobby is on the case! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:01 pm

That's horrible. Sorry to hear and I'll make sure to keep an eye out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:33 am

If you have a picture that would be extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:51 pm

will keep my eyes and ears open as well.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:59 pm

I didn't contact the police because I don't check my animals everyday and don't know when it walked off, but I keep my snappers behind tall fencing that they can't get under.
I called the stores, I just asked if they had any alli snappers in. I will call back tomorrow and let them know it was taken without permission.
I guess it's time to get cameras.
I didn't have pics unfortunately. Live and learn, I think I will microchip my other turtles.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 pm

By the way, will the police do anything if I do not have proof he took it??
Back to top Go down
Kittiekat149
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Kittiekat149

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 am

The police will take down a report. Honestly they wont do as much as they would have if you would have contacted them sooner though. Either way you should report it. If you don't report it its just another crackhead getting away with breaking the law. Plus I've learned if they get away once with it they will usually come back to the same place to take more later. It really sucks. Hope you find your snapper soon. I will also keep an eye out and tell others to do so as well.
Back to top Go down
TurtleTamer

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:16 pm

I saw a common snapper matching that description at animal jungle, at least it looked like a common to me. It may have been an alli becasue he was kind of hidden. I didn't see a sign for his/her sale, and they take local species from owners and release them into the wild after displaying for a while. You may want to call them.

I've been to pet paradise recently and there are no allis there. They have an asian leaf, a mata mata, some red ears, an african sideneck and a snakeneck. Call them anyway though as they may house something like that somehwere else
Back to top Go down
Bobbykaizer
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Bobbykaizer

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm

acl2790 wrote:
Sounds like detective Bobby is on the case! Very Happy

lol! i'll help as best i can. i hate seeing things stolen from people... whats the latest? has anyone heard anything new?
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I haven't heard or seen anything yet. I will check out Animal Jungle and see what they have.
Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Did you ever get ur turtle bak? Because I saw one matching that description for sale
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:33 am

nope. where did you see one for sale?
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:11 pm

A guy I know was selling it. Said it came from a show up north. If you would like u can call me and ill give ya more details
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:27 pm

there isn't much I can do about it now. I am in California for a while but thanks though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stolen Alligator Snapper   Stolen Alligator Snapper Empty

Back to top Go down

Stolen Alligator Snapper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Turtle/Tortoise/Amphibian Discussion-
Jump to: