VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?

Go down 
+2
Focal
ax2austin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? Empty
PostSubject: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:13 am

im probably just being blind but im tryin to find cypress substrate. could not find it in the stores. and also is it roughly the same cost as aspen?

thanks for the reply nick and i didnt think about that. only reason im tryin to find it is because it holds moisture well. but if i can find something that holds better then aspen for close to the same price im ears. i have a bp that has gone through 2 bad sheds, he has a big water dish to soak in and i check humidity daily. this last shed i jumped it up to around70 percent when he was gettin real close but still another bad shed. so i was thinkin tryin a diff substrate for him.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:44 am

Ahh, I didn't even know it was in the classified LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:48 am

From the other thread, serpenturf sells cypress Very Happy

I read once that bad sheds can be caused by problems other than humidity. I will try to dig for what these were in case it helps.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:49 am

Also try misting and/or soaking??
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:04 pm

Ok, I'm still researching, but does he/she have a rock or branch to rub against?

Also another tip, when they are in shed, they're eyes will go gray and then clear the day before they shed. When they're eyes are clear, give them a nice tepid soak for 30 minutes. I use to do this with my BRB's all the time.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 pm

One other thing, you can rub a little vasoline on the shed and it will soften it up.
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Focal X wrote:
One other thing, you can rub a little vasoline on the shed and it will soften it up.

i didnt know this.... hmmm
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm

I believe that is the main ingredient in triple anitbiotic cream (Not TAC w/ pain relief).

When I first got into balls, my first albino arrived with belly rot and a bad shed. I treated the belly rot with TAC and the bad shed came off easily.
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

ok i will try the vaseline thing. but yea i tried soaking and when i peel it it comes off in clumps and in the tank it normally comes off in clumps to. never a whole shed. lots of times flakes. and yes he has a pretty rough piece of bark like hide from animal jungle. i mean can get it all off if i pick at it but it should come off by itself so i would rather it do that because its more natural.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Yeah I wouldn't pick at it. I don't think it really bothers them unless its on their eyes. Bad sheds are common this time of year and sometimes they seem to happen for no reason. I had a snake just go through a bad shed and it's been well over a year since any of my snakes have had one.

Is it in a tank by any chance?
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:21 pm

yea its in a tank. i have siran wrap over part of it to help keep humidity in there and heat.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:34 pm

ax2austin wrote:
yea its in a tank. i have siran wrap over part of it to help keep humidity in there and heat.

Check this out. I thought it was a really neat idea for tanks and would help with humidity:

http://www.rcreptiles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2835
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 pm

hmmmm thats pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
JoeEllisReptiles
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
JoeEllisReptiles

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am

I get my cypress from Taylor's Do It Yourself Center
Back to top Go down
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:14 am

Any nursery will have it... I think most places in VA carry "kambark" which is actually one of the cheapest types of mulch you can buy.

I think the bags are 20 lb and they cost like $4 or something... or you can buy a tiny little bag of the same stuff at petco for $20 if you can't find it elsewhere. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/the.surreal.deal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?   accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress? Empty

Back to top Go down

accidentallly put this in the classifieds. cypress?
Page 1 of 1