VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 am

Yup, I work with Sulfurs which is a different line of fire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:20 am

Ok, awesome!! Didnt know that. I'm still learning all the myriad combinations. what do you call the sulfur when combined with the pastel? Sulpher pastels?  I am looking to produce a super form of Firefly (fire and super pastel) if there is such a thing.  Since sulpher is a different form of fire how does it compare visually to the fire and does it have basically the same visual effect when combined with pastel?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:42 am

Super Sulfurs and Super Fires are Black Eyed Luciestics.  Super Fires are mostly white but can show a little yellow.  Super Sulfurs express far more yellow and orange until they start mixing with more genes.  Below is David Reid's Super Sulfur.  I imagine a Super Pastel, Super Sulfur will be a more yellow, less orange version of this:

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? CC502D53-F688-4A33-B6EA-E0088D03371C-150-000000B078F26345_zpsd3d745e7

Below is my Mojave Super Sulfur.  More yellow, less orange due to the mojave gene:

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? 4C3D6299-ABFF-431E-B74C-F2B3C4EB9D6C-10479-0000096D79794BD8_zps915754a8

Sulfurs Pastels are about the same thing as a Firefly.  Below is my Sulfur Pastel as a sub adult and my juvy Mojave Sulfur Pastel I produced last fall:

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? 715A7E0E-9166-44A9-B3CD-6D1802B995D1_zpsfr6ggihk

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? A2CFEB38-0A9B-4BB4-B35B-0C62B6D783C7_zpswvc371gp

Below are a few more combos I produced last year with the Sulfur gene.

Sulfur Dragonfly:
Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EAFA5470-3025-4244-9488-5E3AC4900EE3_zpsrrkbuiqn
Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? 8CC3966C-CD54-4747-A167-8351F016A18F-7002-000005E2EFDDB671_zps7a6b0f2c

Sulfur Jigsaw:
Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? 3DBAAF5E-18AA-435F-84E7-401D6E3616EA-10479-000009E4A6674DF4_zpsae78443d

Sulfur Cream:
Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? 67E3DC2A-54B5-4DAC-BD88-039A5ED4213D_zpsgp6h91ed

Mojave Sulfur Cream:
Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? F134F3C6-C6CF-4BC5-B7CF-B119EBC923C3_zpszvtmqzsu

And a few more I'll have to dig up pictures for ...
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:40 am

Just to throw another line of fire into the mix, is anyone working with embers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm

I thought about it, but I haven't seen a difference between the Ember and the Sulfur. The Ember is also from David Reid and I believe acquired from the same location so I think odds are good they will end up the same. I have to do more research into the Ember though.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Damm Nick I had forgotten how much cool stuff you produced last year. Were all those holdbacks?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Thanks Clay. Yup, those were the keepers.  Shadera has a really nice Sulfur Mojave girl that I wanted to hold onto but couldn't be to greedy with the holdbacks.   Gorgeous snake.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Oh yeah, my big Sulfur girl has follicles. She was bred with the Mojave Super Sulfur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?   Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone working with Fire or Firefly BP's?
Page 1 of 1