VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?

Go down 
+4
Focal
maxhorsley
TheRealYoda34
rrubberbandman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rrubberbandman
Established Member
Established Member
rrubberbandman

Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? Empty
PostSubject: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi,
Starting to slowly look around for a new addition to our house....
anyone know of breeder in the Va. area????
Thanks!
Bryan
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 3:32 pm

I don't know any neo owners, I have a cane corso and I know a few others do too... I also have a Pitt pup lol...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 pm

FYI---focal and I will be putting our Cane Corsos together in April most likely...let one of us know if you'd be interested in one.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 6:34 pm

I love the Neapolitans! Almost got one before getting Chopper but the owner was real shady. Good luck, it was really hard for me to find that one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Jaded_Heart
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Jaded_Heart

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 pm

I did a search for you on the Neo club of america site, no there are members listed in VA but no links to any websites. Two have phone numbers and one an e-mail address. I did fine one with a website in NC, the rest are way out west or up in PA and NJ.  Sometimes for a more rare breed, you gotta bite the bullet and drive or ship since local choices can be slim to non-existent. I drove 16 hours to get my Xolo puppy.  (8 hours from PA to NC and 8 hrs back to PA)

I would definitely recommend going the reputable breeder route for any purebred, but since Mastiffs as a whole can suffer joint issues, cherry eyes, skin problems, and I've heard heart disease... it's nice to find someone who has taken the time to get the parents health tested and researched back down the lines to ensure healthy dogs go back generations!  You might pay a lot more for a puppy, but with a healthy pup comes less vet bills later on fixing issues that you're more likely to find in a poorly bred pup!

if you're interested, here is the website I found for the one Neo breeder in NC
http://www.centurianmastini.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/PrymalReptile
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:05 am

there's a friend of mine in Sacramento Ca-Steve Angeli-i know he breeds Filas and Neos. Could check with him for you...he may even know someone around the east Coast
Back to top Go down
rrubberbandman
Established Member
Established Member
rrubberbandman

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:01 am

HAY Thanks everyone!
Years ago we had a female neo that was very good quality on the outside, i.e. looks etc but breeder found out he had heart issues in her parents and she passed away at 6yrs old Sad and we also had 210 lb english mastiff that lived to a old age of 9 and passed away. Both are missed very much. now we have a rotten hardheaded BUT Smart as heck american staffordshire terrier (pit bull) which we adopted. small dogs just lack what we enjoy the most in dogs but i do say they are easier to bathe than 210 lbs of dog!
Maxhorsley if you can check it out let me know.....
Bryan
Back to top Go down
rrubberbandman
Established Member
Established Member
rrubberbandman

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:05 am

Forgot to add that we have also considered a top quality bullmastiff and or a dogue de bourdeaux.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:14 pm

I love the dogue de bourdeaux. That will be my next dog. I currently have a bullmastiff and a bullmastiff/English mastiff mix.
Back to top Go down
scalyfoot
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:34 pm

C'mon, guys! Let's have a 'huzzah' for Chihuahuas (a.k.a 'Land Sharks')!
Back to top Go down
WithoutPride
Established Member
Established Member
WithoutPride

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:34 am

Max! Keep me posted on the Cane Corsos! I am more than interested Smile
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 12:01 pm

lmao--i'm sure people flagged it so quick because they didn't like the price
Back to top Go down
rrubberbandman
Established Member
Established Member
rrubberbandman

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 2:14 pm

its gone.....what was it?
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Dogue de Bordeaux's...
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:05 pm

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pet/4353773440.html ,,,,and again---they're in portsmouth i think, I sent them a message for you before they flagged AGAIN
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:40 pm

Fixed your link Max Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:55 am

scratch 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?   Any neapolitan mastiff owners here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any neapolitan mastiff owners here?
Page 1 of 1