VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux

Go down 
+4
Jabberwocky Dragons
smb2585
MADKATTER
zues
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:59 pm

I have a female bullmastiff that is currently in heat. I would like to mate her once before getting her spayed. Looking for for a mastiff breed male probably in the next week. We can work something whether it's snakes, puppies, or cash.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:12 am

I have a solid brindle male Olde English Bulldogge. He weighs about 70 lbs. The puppies would be smaller than your average mastiff but still bigger than your normal dog. Plus they would be pretty! I am at work but if you want to see pics of him let me know. I will shoot you some as soon as I get home.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 am

<~ not really a dog person.... only a select few lol. Love them as puppies when they are small but when they get big I don't care for them... unless of course they have manners Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 am

I don't think I have ever been without a dog in my life. I promise a thief would rather go into a house with ADT than with a couple of mastiffs. When I lay down at night I sleep pretty good knowing what sleeps at the bottom of my staircase.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:21 am

Yea my parents always had rottweilers and I always felt safe with them but I am just not down with Dogs... especially if they are hard headed and dont listen very well... one of the rotts my parents has now is the most hard headed dog ever and I really can't stand her... but she is good for protection and if you play fight or argue she goes insane, she can't stand it.

My boyfriend has a white german shephard and she is the most well behaved dog I have ever met... she doesn't stay with us because of the "no dog" policy... if we had more space we would probably have her there anyway, but she comes over sometimes for "sleep overs"... there was not a "no reptile" policy so we have been ok with that so far.

Dogs are great if they are well trained, I just don't have the patience for training them, giving them the attention they need and then if you go out of town and don't take them with you, you have to rely on someone to go by and let them out every so often...

But if you do breed your girl and she has puppied I'd love to see pictures Smile I had a friend whose parents bought a bullmastiff many years ago... but I dont think they have him anymore
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:22 am

I'm with you Zues! We have a large Doberman and I would place my bets on her any day over ADT. Plus a dog can give you that crucial extra 5 seconds to grab whatever you keep to "greet" an intruder with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:04 pm

I found her a boyfriend. I just dropped her off in NC fot a few days to spend time with a red english mastiff. Can you say BIG puppies. He is over 150lbs at just over a year old.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:06 pm

WOW!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:15 pm

Heck yeah! Lets know when she lays... errr... gives birth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 pm

lol! @ Nick... good one
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Focal X wrote:
Heck yeah! Lets know when she lays... errr... gives birth.

lol. congrats zues.... glad you found a stud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Congrats on finding a stud! Yea, I absolutely love dogs and I've had dogs all my life. Right now I have a dachshund (hard headed little butt he is!) and I really wish I'd gone with a bigger dog. Our next dog will be a doberman female once we have a house.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:29 pm

We have a female doberman and she's the best dog I've ever had. Sweet as can be with us and kids but instantly ready to rip the throat out any intruders on (or off) command. If you're planning on spaying her, I would strongly recommend getting a male instead. Female dobermans are known to suffer from urinary incontinence after being spayed. It's fine when they are awake but it they can't hold it when they lay down. Ours is is on estrogen pills and another hormone replacement and she still has really bad days. Not all female dobermans get this condition but I believe its fairly common. Our vet has 3 female dobermans and every single one has it too.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:01 pm

I figured I might as well post a pic of her and her new boyfriend. Her mom was a brindle and his dad was brindle so we may end up with some brindle puppies. All I want is a red male so keep your fingers crossed.
Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux CIMG4350
Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux Goliath
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Incredible looking dogs!!!
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Glad you found a stud. Your girl is beautiful! One of my favorite dogs is an English Mastiff, but that of course is too big for my husband 😢 Will you be selling the pups?
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 2:04 pm

If all goes well I should have some puppies around mid Feb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux   Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a male mastiff, bullmastiff, cane corso or dogue de bordeaux
Page 1 of 1