VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regurgitating meal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jugamojack
jugamojack

Regurgitating meal  Empty
PostSubject: Regurgitating meal    Regurgitating meal  EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Howdy all....been a while since I posted anything but I have a question. I gave my 2013 450gm BP 2 smaller sized, live mice lastnight (which I have been doing for 3-4 months) without a problem. However this time he regurged them within the hour  affraid . Heating is and humidity are fine (89 deg and 32%) and similar to each other feeding. He doesn't appear ill...acts normal, respirations appear even and unlabored (as normal as he has been).

Should I be worried yet? Or is this normal for the cooler weather? He cruises the cage each evening and was last fed a week ago.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
TinatheTegu
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
TinatheTegu

PostSubject: Re: Regurgitating meal    Regurgitating meal  EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:10 pm

I would wait a week or two so he/she can regain strength from a regurge. Try feeding again, and if it happens again, i would go to the vet then.. I dont think im an expert exactly but thats just what i did when it happened to me and she turned out just fine without the vet visit. As we all know snakes can go a long time without food, so i would just wait the week or two and pay attention to its habbits and make sure it doesnt begin to appear ill. It wouldnt hurt to try to increase the humidity just a tad either. again, im im not a vet but ive had it happen to me, and this is just what i did. Good luck  Very Happy 

Last edited by TinatheTegu on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Regurgitating meal    Regurgitating meal  EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:23 pm

32% humidity seems quite low 50-60% is ideal

Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Regurgitating meal    Regurgitating meal  EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Wait 2 weeks, offer 1 mouse, and see what happens. As Deedle noted your humidity should be higher as well.

I had a young boa with this problem last year - her surface temp had popped to 93*F (t-stat probe shifted when I moved her tank to clean behind it), which she didn't like. So, she avoided the warm side. Picky girl won't use her warm side if it's over 91*F. I had to back her off from a small rat every 14 days to a pup every 14 before she turned around. Now we're at a weanling every 10 days, and if I see her off the heat within 3-4 days after feeding, I check her surface temp immediately.

Also you may want to switch to rat weanlings once your BP is past the regurge problem, so it only has to eat one prey item per feeding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regurgitating meal    Regurgitating meal  Empty

Back to top Go down

Regurgitating meal
Page 1 of 1