VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Classroom reptiles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
seastar427

Classroom reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Classroom reptiles   Classroom reptiles EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi, does anyone know the legalities of having an Eastern box turtle in a classroom in Newport News? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Classroom reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classroom reptiles   Classroom reptiles EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Not sure what the legalities are of box turtles in a classroom but I would be more than happy to donate a ball python as a classroom pet.
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

Classroom reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classroom reptiles   Classroom reptiles EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 am

Eastern box turtles do best when kept out doors they need a lot of space for their body size to thrive. A ball python could be neat with the right age children and that is a mighty generous offer. Crested geckos have minimal requirements, not heat source or light required if room temp stays between 70/80. They need to be well misted at least once a day humidity should fluctuate between 60 and 80% which in our climate is not a problem! They eat a powdered diet every other day and crickets once or twice a week. I think that a crestie would make a great classroom pet for younger kiddos. Though you might have to take it home on the weekend..
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com
Hayleyrbonini
Established Member
Established Member
Hayleyrbonini

Classroom reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classroom reptiles   Classroom reptiles EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:04 am

I think a snake is the best thing, you can leave it over the weekends and not worry about it having to eat like most Animals
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

Classroom reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classroom reptiles   Classroom reptiles EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 am

I think it would depend on the age of the classroom. Little kids want to touch and play and a crested gecko bite is something to laugh at they also have the cute factor going for them even those reluctant with reptile are easily won over. Older kids i think would enjoy the badass snake more and be less likely to hurt the animal if i does get scared and try to bite.
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com
Sponsored content

Classroom reptiles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classroom reptiles   Classroom reptiles Empty

Back to top Go down

Classroom reptiles
Page 1 of 1