VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What snake species do you work with?

Go down 
+14
Foster Reves
anacondaman123
b_rickard
Lokielani
CurioCreatures
gatto152
smb2585
smd58
byrd'sballs
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Focal
DaganGecko
ax2austin
ClarkeReptiles
18 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

What snake species do you work with? Empty
PostSubject: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:51 pm

I was just wondering what snake species everyone here works with? I'm always finding new species that I'd love to work with some day. Currently I work with...

Ball Pythons (keep/breed)
Corn Snakes (keep/breed)
Columbian Red Tail Boas (keep/will breed in the future)
King Snake (for the life of me, I can't remember what kind she is, but as she was given to me by a friend, I will not breed her, but I do plan on breeding other king snakes in the future)

I hope to work with these species in the future...

Kenyan Sand Boas
Hognose Snakes
Blood Pythons
Super Dwarf Reticulated Pythons (island dwarfs)
Brazilian Rainbow Boas

And a few others I can't remember right now. There are also a few lizard species I'd like to work with...

Leopard Geckos (keep one as a pet for now, hope to breed in the future)
Fat-tailed Geckos
Mourning Geckos
Bearded Dragons
Black and White Tegus
Crested Geckos

So what do you keep and/or breed?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:59 pm

i have ball pythons, red tail boa nicaraguan boa sand boas, bearded dragons. thats pretty much all i work with
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:24 pm

I work with ball pythons. I hope to have at least one pair of pretty colubrids in the future--probably milk snakes. I would also like to have several rosy boa pairs.

Right now I mostly have gargoyle geckos and have at least two pairs ready for Spring season breeding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Just ball pythons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Mike.OutbackReptiles
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:42 pm

I work with and breed a ton of ball pythons... But I also get to keep all sorts of snakes from boa constrictors to carpet pythons to corn snakes and everything in between! Some of my personal favorites are the arboreal snakes like amazons, emeralds, and chondros.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/the.surreal.deal
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:45 pm

One day I want an emerald. They are just awesome.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:07 am

Balls
Hondos
Western hogs
Coxi
Brooks
Brbs
Back to top Go down
byrd'sballs
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
byrd'sballs

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:17 am

How much do those coxi snakes go for?
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:34 am

I almost forgot carpets. I want to work with those too. And Green Tree Pythons.

Coxi snakes? I will have to look those up because I've never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:52 am

Just balls here
Back to top Go down
gatto152
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
gatto152

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 pm

i own green trees, boas, and balls .... havent bred any yet but i am going to start , i would love to work with blood pythons
Back to top Go down
CurioCreatures
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Almost totally corns here....specializing in the tessera gene right now. A few other odds and ends too.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:34 pm

byrd'sballs wrote:
I got mine for 470. A pair from pro exotic. And they were 2010 on top of that. Nothing better then someone else growing them for a year.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:59 pm

I don't work with anything, but I have a Ball, and a Red Tail that will be adopted soon. I have had rat snakes, loads of different lizards, turtles and amphibians. I want a Blue Tongue Skink and a Brazillian Rainbow Boa, just for keeps Smile
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:00 am

I got
Aesculapian
Ladder rats
Dione
Bimaculata
Coxi
Russians
Leopards
African House snakes
Everglades (normals and hypos)
Grey rats
Black rats
Florida kings
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:38 pm

b_rickard wrote:
I got
Aesculapian
Ladder rats
Dione
Bimaculata
Coxi
Russians
Leopards
African House snakes
Everglades (normals and hypos)
Grey rats
Black rats
Florida kings
wow how old are you? your working with some of what I call old school snakes. thats vary cool.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 am

smd58 wrote:

wow how old are you? your working with some of what I call old school snakes. thats vary cool.

40. I have been keeping reptiles for a while, almost 20 years, and most of those years have been in Europe. I was stationed in Germany and lived in Sweden after that.
Back to top Go down
anacondaman123

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Anacondas..retics..redtails
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 pm

The only actual pair of snakes that I have at the moment are a couple of CB 2011 Lystrophis pulcher. I hope to eventually get some breeding out of them however that is another year or two out. I have a lone female C. aspera that I would like to get a few males for. Otherwise I have a bunch of stuff that I am too tired to list now. My business partner has ball pythons, White oak rats, and CA kings.
Chip
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 pm

milks,kings,pythons,geckos,turtles,hogs,a few native species of reptiles
Back to top Go down
cochran
cochran

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:02 am

I currently have corns,Russian ratsnakes,southern hogs,hypo glades rats,C.pectinata(banana phase)eastern black neck garters and Aussie water dragons!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:06 am

Those are the cooling water dragons, you should post a few picture.
Back to top Go down
Redrott

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Colombian boas, couple corns, sonoran gophers, and just.got a pair of mexican lined pines, pituophis are very underrated dont have to heat the crap out of them they get big and breed pretty easy cant wait for my first sonoran clutch.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:57 am

smd58 wrote:
byrd'sballs wrote:
I got mine for 470. A pair from pro exotic. And they were 2010 on top of that. Nothing better then someone else growing them for a year.

Lucky you, got some of the last snakes before the fire. D:
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
leahcim
leahcim

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:15 am

green tree python!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What snake species do you work with?   What snake species do you work with? Empty

Back to top Go down

What snake species do you work with?
Page 1 of 1