VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Home Remedey RI Treatment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

Home Remedey RI Treatment Empty
PostSubject: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:32 pm

I've been wanting to share this with you guys for a long time. I use this personally and it's works better than any method I've tried. My friends snake got RI and I've did this treatment on his snakes and they've been better in 3-5 days. Take a look and tell me what you think.
http://bamboozoo.weebly.com/snake--respiratory-remedy.html
Cool
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:11 pm

If your snakes keep getting RIs the right course of action is to correct your husbandry issues. How many RIs have you needed to treat?

My suggestion is if you don't have scientific evidence that a treatment is effective it should not be presented as an alternative to qualified vet care and antibiotics.

I come from a deep south red-neck family and over the past 5 years or so the uses for Vick's Vapor Rub keep getting more interesting:
I've heard all of these: http://www.dumblittleman.com/2009/11/twelve-surprising-uses-for-vicks.html

I've also heard:

Put it on the terminals of a dead car battery for one more start.
Put it on your car's antenna for better reception.
Put a good two fingers worth in your swimming pool filter.
Put it on your car's front bumper, the smell warns the deer and the bugs to get out of the way.
Put a glob in your washer and your clothes will repel deer flies.
Use it in your hair to reduce the gray and grow thicker hair. Turns curly hair to straight hair and turns straight hair into curly hair.

The are about a dozen more uses, but to list them would require this thread be moved to the adult section.
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:16 pm

I only treated 3 RI's and they were back in 2010-11 now I help my friends with their problems.
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:19 pm

So I would say altogether about 10-15 RI problems for close friends. And their snakes were cured.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:32 pm

If it works for you, great! But I wouldn't want some newbie opting to try a home remedy (we all look for ways to save money) rather than take a sick snake to a qualified reptile vet.

As it stands now you don't know for sure if the snakes you treated had RI's and if so to what degree. Nor do you know if remedy helped (or harmed) the snakes or if their immune system simply cured the RIs without (or despite) your treatment.
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:42 pm

I've tried vets, reptifogger with S10, and injections. Which take a while to cure the snake. I just stumbled on this one day, gave it a try and it worked like a charm. The snakes I helped treat weren't OMG bad but they were in need of help.. All I can say is after the treatments they were fine and they are still doing well. I know snakes don't have the same immune system as other animals, and they need the caretakers to provide an optimal environment for them to be kept in captivity. But theirs not a lot of vets dealing with Reptiles, (That I know of), so it's up to us to actually treat our animals....... No animals died with me...... And they were fine, still fine even today. Never had another RI after the treatment. So maybe nothing has affected their immune system. But I'm not a vet and never will be. So I won't be able to give you accurate information on whats going on inside the snakes body after the treatment.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
Class43
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Class43

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 pm

I forgot to use big boy words for the newbs that read this.... The correct method for the Repti-Fogger and S10 is called NEBULIZATION...... And no problem. Just posted too see what you guys think and possibly find someone else who used this method before.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 pm

I have never tryed this method, in fact never heard of it till today. I don't think I (meaning me) would try it with out some testing. And the test would have to be done by vets at the very least and recorded. I have a few animals like a lot of us here that cost too much, or have a lot invested in them for a breeding plan. So it sounds interstring, Ill stick with the old vet trip if I have too. Knock on wood, or my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Remedey RI Treatment   Home Remedey RI Treatment Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Remedey RI Treatment
Page 1 of 1