VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs Empty
PostSubject: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Any input or experience using this? It sounds great and lots of good reviews, but I like hearing from one person I can verify as real first.

It's a monthly flea treatment that is given orally. It's pricey, but not much more than advantage. I think it was $80 for a six pack but I read a lot of people were just spending the $4 or $5 more for the maximum weight size and splitting the pills up to get more use out of it. Not sure about trying that but thought I'd mention it for input.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Love it and you will find with giant breed dogs that it's hard to get all the frontline liquid to absorb. Most of it just soaks up in the hair with makes it not very affective. I had great luck with frontline in smaller dogs but not so much with the big guys.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Trifexis...i believe this is what i got...have to check but its flea and heart worm and supposed to be cheaper than buying them separate
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:04 pm

Vergesseneins wrote:
Trifexis...i believe this is what i got...have to check but its flea and heart worm and supposed to be cheaper than buying them separate

I think I looked into that but if I recall correctly it doesn't protect against ticks. I could be thinking about a different one.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:07 pm

this is no tick one but i dont want to spoil my dogs
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:08 pm

I typically use Front Line, but last year we tried the Walmart brand which I believe is called Pet Armor. It seemed to work well for my dogs.
Back to top Go down
Vergesseneins
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Vergesseneins

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 pm

i see a lot of bad reviews for one i have. This is something my vet wanted me to try but looks like some dogs it does not agree with.

Last year we had fleas really bad and nothing would kill them until we used diatomaceous earth. We have not used anymore flea treatments on our dogs. We put this all over our house (fossilized plants) and made sure we put extra under the couch where the dogs like to sleep and shortly after we had no more fleas. Supposed to kill all bugs and is not poison so you can roll around in it if you want (nick will)...Only issue is its a really light powder so you will be wipin it off your stuff forever!!! Not a big deal. Better than havin fleas and feels good on da skin! lol
some people eat it to improve their health or something (drink it)
dont let it get near your dubia colony
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:34 pm

jw wrote:
I typically use Front Line, but last year we tried the Walmart brand which I believe is called Pet Armor. It seemed to work well for my dogs.

be careful with that stuff. That's made by hartz and if you read the reviews online it has done a lot of harm. All you have to do is read the potential side effects and that should make up your mind. I went thru it with my dog and will never touch that brand name again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs   Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Comfortis - oral flea treatment for dogs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: