VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Southern black widow egg sac

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

Southern black widow egg sac Empty
PostSubject: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Gift from a friend, I have been keeping that girl for 5 months now and she recently gave me an egg sac. Will be having babies by the end of this month, very excited cheers

Southern black widow egg sac 14fvrier2013veuvenoire0

Southern black widow egg sac Repticonbristol9et10fvr

Eating a mealworm beetle:

Southern black widow egg sac Photos4mars2013025

Making her egg sac:

Southern black widow egg sac 31mars13pquesveuvenoire
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Neat. How many slings do you get from one of those?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:00 pm

Hundreds of them. But they eat each other the first days to get essential nutrients, only a handful survives, which will assure me to have perfectly healthy babies Smile
Back to top Go down
TheRealYoda34
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
TheRealYoda34

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 pm

You are very brave, I would keep venomous snakes, but those I could not keep... They are beautiful but not the kind of thing I would keep...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Zs.Reptile.House2013
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Smile I reduce the handling, not direct of course, at the minimum. And when I do so (mostly to clean the cage) it goes without saying I am extremely cautious. If you respect the animal and take precautions, it can be a great experience, it is for me, love all spiders Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Awesome! Black widows are one venomous thing my husband doesnt mind me keeping if shes in a secure cage!
Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:41 am

Very Happy Cool!!
Back to top Go down
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 am

I was cleaning up the yard in my new house and ran across the *fattest* black widow I'd ever seen, under some bricks.

I love all animals, and respect them, but the gf is terrified of them, so she had to go. I really felt bad about it, she was magnificent.

If I should find anymore, anyone want one?
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 am

Hey, Sure I'd love to get some more if you can keep a few for me! Mine just died today Sad

But I don't know about the distance, maybe we live too far from each other?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern black widow egg sac   Southern black widow egg sac Empty

Back to top Go down

Southern black widow egg sac
Page 1 of 1