VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles Empty
PostSubject: Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles   Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles EmptyThu May 09, 2013 9:15 pm

A friend gave me recently these 3 spiders. I wonder if they are cobweb spiders or black widow juveniles. I looked online pictures of them both but can't really tell, being of the same family it's kind of hard to tell. I already asked a few people but they couldn't tell me for sure... So here are some pictures:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I noticed 2 of them stay on the bottom of their cage + the third one on top, close to the lid, webbing and created a little "packet" with tiny yellow dots inside, I looked at it really closely but can't tell what it is really. Here are some other shots even more recent:

On the 2 following pictures you can see the tiny yellow dots. Not very well, behind the spider but the best I could do.

I would really be grateful to know what they are! Smile
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles   Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:07 am

From the photos, I can not tell. The bottom two pics looks similar to an immature black widow. Do you know the origin of the spiders?
Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles   Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:13 pm

That is what I was thinking... They came from a spot where this friend used to find mature black widows, that's why we have a good chance to think they're immature widows too, so in dark, rather humid places... But since I was asking to several people and they said they weren't sure, I had a doubt. It would be the first time I see immature secimens in person!
Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles   Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:49 am

That one we think is an immature BW ate a tiny mealworm yesterday night... Smile Been very active. Will publish other pics soon!
Back to top Go down
stormymay888
stormymay888

PostSubject: Re: Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles   Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Really dont think those are widows.
Juvi widows are still black
They have a red pattern that reminds
Me of arrows
If you want some let me know...
Back to top Go down
http://stormymayartsandexotics.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles   Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles Empty

Back to top Go down

Help id Cobweb spider/Black widow juveniles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Invertebrate Discussion-
Jump to: