VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) Empty
PostSubject: H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)   H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:08 pm

http://usherp.org/2013/03/18/hr996-hr669-rewrite/

This one would affect us all!!!!! If it passes. call you reps and tell them to vote NO.

Note the appropriate name of the rep who introduced H.R. 996: SLAUGHTER. It sums up that text.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)   H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Does anyone know if this would prevent keeping Heritage livestock breeds (especially hogs or anything that references "Russian boars or similar coloring") or exotic livestock species of cows, goats, hogs etc. I would need an actual article for reference. If so, there's an organization 65,000 people strong that would be very interested in fighting this. Please email me or link below any articles with such references.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)   H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 7:03 pm

I think more importantly than calling, it is to go to DC and actively lobby. Especially as groups. i wish USARK or Herp Alliance would organize a DC trip. The Secular Coalition, an atheist organization does this every year. They call it Lobby Day. I think the herp community should organize something similar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)   H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 2:04 am

leftoflarry wrote:
I think more importantly than calling, it is to go to DC and actively lobby. Especially as groups. i wish USARK or Herp Alliance would organize a DC trip. The Secular Coalition, an atheist organization does this every year. They call it Lobby Day. I think the herp community should organize something similar.

Yes I agree, would like to have an organized trip too. My husband works 80h/week so it's not like I could go myself... :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)   H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write) Empty

Back to top Go down

H.R. 996: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act (HR669 Re-write)
Page 1 of 1