VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

False water cobras

Go down 
+2
ChuckHurd
Silvia Hurd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:27 am

Let me introduce you to our 2 false water cobras Very Happy The male, Tom, is the brighter specimen, my husband's favorite, they look a lot alike, there is a slight difference though. I personally prefer the female, Lynette, you can tell the difference with the darker pattern on each side of her head (the black strips) but that's not that obvious and we need to probe them again to confirm. They both don't like being handled and try to get away from you every occasion they get, that's why we handle them at the minimum and for pictures only, not to aggravate them. Feeding time is a bit complicated also because like cobras they often try to lunge out of their cages amazingly fast and you have to deal with their speed constantly of course not just during feeding time. One of them bit me and let go, didn't chew on me, but I still felt a light burning sensation for a few minutes, happened only one time and not during the photo session. So they tend to bite, that's why one should handle them at the minimum, but they're incredibly interesting and I just adore their pattern, what they are. They are brother and sister and we are going to find a new male and a new female to breed each one of those. So for now it's just keep them growing and they are absolutely the most voracious snakes I have seen in my life. Their food response is strong but I would not say stronger than how some pine snakes can react as well. On the voracity I'm convinced they win. We've been having them for a few months and they already shed a couple of times and you can tell the difference... I will take new pictures within a few days to show the evolution. Anyway enjoy for now!

False water cobras Repticonnov2012026

False water cobras Repticonnov2012027

False water cobras Repticonnov2012028

False water cobras Repticonnov2012038

False water cobras Repticonnov2012042
Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:38 am

False water cobras Repticonnov2012039
Back to top Go down
ChuckHurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ChuckHurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 5:41 am

awesome pics wife.....great job...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChuckHurd.com
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 am

Of course, it goes without saying that these pictures are the best ones I could take out of a difficult photo session that lasted too long for me to even dare admitting the total time I took for these little guys... lol!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:54 am

Ah I really like these fellas. Great snake!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 am

Great looking animals!

Back to top Go down
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks Very Happy They're also incredibly messy snakes! Laughing Just like the cobras we keep, knock over their water bowl on every occasion!
Back to top Go down
Don

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 am

Beautiful animals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 am

I love fals water cobras! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
ChuckHurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ChuckHurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Certainly one of my favorites. We have strong intentions to breed these in the future. I had a male one that was over 8 feet and I could barely fit 2 hands around him. He was an awesome snake.

I also took a pretty bed food response bite from a 6’8 female back in 2005…I had a ton of interesting side affects afterwards. They are something to be studied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChuckHurd.com
Silvia Hurd
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Silvia Hurd

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm

ChuckHurd wrote:
I also took a pretty bed food response bite from a 6’8 female back in 2005…I had a ton of interesting side affects afterwards. They are something to be studied.

Really?!! Watch this: Facepalm ... Laughing I'm sure some people will graciously volunteer for this kind of experience... But I will excuse myself for being a guinea pig in that matter..

False water cobras Fwcf

I like this picture... bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

False water cobras Empty
PostSubject: Re: False water cobras   False water cobras Empty

Back to top Go down

False water cobras
Page 1 of 1