VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Legality of African Soft Furred Rats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

Legality of African Soft Furred Rats Empty
PostSubject: Legality of African Soft Furred Rats   Legality of African Soft Furred Rats EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:15 pm

http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?000+reg+4VAC15-30-40

It appears to me that the law bans the posession and breeding of ASF's without a permit AND prohibits the posession of dead animals or parts unless packaged out of state by someone with a liscence. Could someone help me make sense of this? Am I misinterpreting?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Legality of African Soft Furred Rats   Legality of African Soft Furred Rats EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:20 pm

No you are correct. ASFs are not permitted in Va, however there has been little enforcement. I've had one pet store tell me that Wildlife folks told him they are legal. However, the law is clear. African rodents are not permitted in Virginia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
BlackboxStar
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
BlackboxStar

PostSubject: Re: Legality of African Soft Furred Rats   Legality of African Soft Furred Rats EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm

I'm torn between disaproval at the way that they write a law, but fail to enforce it

and a mild sense of thankfulness that the people who would enforce those laws are almost certainly clueless.

Thanks Don for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
b_rickard
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Legality of African Soft Furred Rats   Legality of African Soft Furred Rats EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:40 pm

BlackboxStar wrote:
I'm torn between disaproval at the way that they write a law, but fail to enforce it

and a mild sense of thankfulness that the people who would enforce those laws are almost certainly clueless.

Thanks Don for the clarification.

I love your post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legality of African Soft Furred Rats   Legality of African Soft Furred Rats Empty

Back to top Go down

Legality of African Soft Furred Rats
Page 1 of 1