VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?

Go down 
+2
ProjectPython
derpinah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster with a question. I want to purchase a BP morph locally in the next couple of months. With my work schedule, I'm not comfortable having anything shipped. Are there any ball python breeders between Charlottesville/Staunton/Harrisonburg that accept local pick ups? Or maybe my best bet is to check out an upcoming show. What do you guys think?

thanks,
Shanna

1.0 Bearded Dragon
1.0 Pastel Ball Python
Back to top Go down
ProjectPython
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 3:50 pm

derpinah wrote:
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster with a question. I want to purchase a BP morph locally in the next couple of months. With my work schedule, I'm not comfortable having anything shipped. Are there any ball python breeders between Charlottesville/Staunton/Harrisonburg that accept local pick ups? Or maybe my best bet is to check out an upcoming show. What do you guys think?

I think you are better off waiting until the next show in Richmond. Think it is July 29 or so.

I do not live in that area, but I can tell you that as a ball python breeder with a collection of morphs, I would never allow anyone to swing by for a pickup. Friends are one thing but never a random buyer from the internet.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:23 am

Most people will meet you at a nearby location. Outback Reptiles is in Northern Va (I know, not real close) and they will meet people at a nearby location and probably have the biggest selection for viewing online. There are a few breeders down here that have a good selection posted online that will most likely meet up with you too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Don

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:35 am

What are you looking for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

I agree with Nick about Outback... the Manassas show is this weekend. We may pick up a few from Outback if they have anything we like. That of course is who has the biggest selection around (IMO) in the area at the shows... but then it depends if you want Quality or Quantity... some people have smaller selections but the quality of their reptiles are better than others....

Like Don said, what are you looking for in particular? any particular morphs??? We weren't ok with receiving an animal through shipping but if we research the seller and they have good reviews we are ok with it.... we also put forth the effort for traveling if needed or meeting someone.

Back to top Go down
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm looking for a mid to low end visual morph, lesser or albino female baby. I'd love a piebald, but they seem hard to find and are on the high end of my budget. I'm not looking to purchase anything tomorrow. My only definite is female and baby. My price range is around $500~ish.

I work too much & have a decent commute. I'm not comfortable with a box sitting on my doorstep all day and the UPS/FedEx guys that deliver to my job are pretty mediocre.

I read that the Richmond show is mostly lizards. Any truth to that? I tried to search online for a list vendors, but didn't see anything. I guess, at the worst, we could make a nice day trip out of it.

Ideally, I'd rather buy & pick or meet up with someone local. Maybe I'm thinking of this too much like dogs, lol.

Thanks,
Shanna

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:02 pm

If you keep an eye here on the classifieds, you may find what you are looking for. Several breeders on this site (including me) have eggs in the incubator or hatchlings. Now is the season and you should start to see ads going up soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Stray
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Stray

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:13 pm

The Richmond show is really 50/50. I've gone to most of them over the past two years. Sometimes it's all ball pythons, sometimes it's all bearded dragons, sometimes it's a ton of colubrids, it really depends. There are always ball pythons there, even if there aren't a lot, and I've brought home two visual morphs from that expo(a Mojo male and a Lesser female) for great prices. The Richmond show is usually best for BP buyers at its Fall show (usually in October). That's when I've seen the most nice-looking, most fairly-priced BPs, though anyone can correct that if they've had better luck at the shows in early Spring, or mid-Summer.

Also, there is a show in Chester that is trying to get off the ground. It has had one successful outing, last year, and was supposed to come back in March, but was unfortunately inadvertently planned the same weekend as the NARBC show, and was cancelled. The next Route 10 show will be Sunday, June 3rd. The only website for them right now is their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Route10-Exotic-Reptile-Expo/223993874292181 , if you're interested in checking it out.

The other Virginia shows are on these dates this year:
Northern VA show-- http://mdreptilefarm.com/shows/va/nva.asp
Richmond VA show-- http://mdreptilefarm.com/shows/va/richmond.asp

Good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/siobhan.sprouse
derpinah
Established Member
Established Member
derpinah

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Stray wrote:
The Richmond show is really 50/50. I've gone to most of them over the past two years. Sometimes it's all ball pythons, sometimes it's all bearded dragons, sometimes it's a ton of colubrids, it really depends. There are always ball pythons there, even if there aren't a lot, and I've brought home two visual morphs from that expo(a Mojo male and a Lesser female) for great prices. The Richmond show is usually best for BP buyers at its Fall show (usually in October). That's when I've seen the most nice-looking, most fairly-priced BPs, though anyone can correct that if they've had better luck at the shows in early Spring, or mid-Summer.

Good luck! Smile

Thanks! If I have that weekend off, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?   Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are there any BP breeders in the Charlottesville/Harrisonburg area?
Page 1 of 1