VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)

Go down 
+6
smb2585
Cupcakemafia
DaganGecko
fuzz
Foster Reves
dsteamn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) Empty
PostSubject: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Originally, I proposed this in the 'Off Topic' forum because that's where the idea hit me when I got it. Then I realized that not everyone goes there, although the response has been favorable thus far. I am reposting it here in hopes of reaching the masses. You can find the original topic and responsis under the title of "Anyone for a face to face".

Hey Everyone,
I feel like I have gotten to know several of you through the forum but wouldn't know who you are if you passed me on the street. I would like to propose we try getting together for a meeting of sorts. We can bring our reps (or not) and swap stories. We could even do a pot luck or anything else you would like. I'd be happy to offer up my home in Virginia Beach for the first one. If it goes well, maybe we can plan something once a month or so. We used to do this with the reef club I was a member of and it was alwys a big hit. People brought corals to swap or sell. We even had guest speakers once in a while who presented topics that were of interest to everyone (although I'm not sure what that would be with such a diverse group here). It would give us the opportunity to show off some of our animals and see first hand what set ups we all have.

Any takers?
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 am

I would love to if I did not live five hours away:)
Back to top Go down
fuzz
Established Member+
Established Member+

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:10 pm

I would love to but 5-6 hours on a good day little much for me.
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:25 pm

I am going to be in Newport News this weekend however it is for non herp related business. I will still try to hit a few pet stores however.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm

I feel that it would be better to organize a meeting around a show, for instance, everyone go to a Richmond show and then afterward go out to eat together. That would offer a good day of socializing and shopping and make the hours of travel more worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Cupcakemafia
Cupcakemafia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:27 pm

iagree
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Dagan's so smart
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 pm

I r smurt.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Also, it would be easy for those of us in the same area to carpool. Wink
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:19 am

I like that idea too. Sounds like there would be a bit of interest for a local get together as well as attending a show.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 pm

I like Dagan's idea. The only problem with going out to eat after a show is....what happens to the herps we all know we would buy at the show? I doubt a restaurant would allow them in.
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Don

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 pm

I always take mine in with me. Done it dozens of times. As long as it is in a bag, how do they know what is in it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:43 pm

That's true. Well I'm up for these get togethers. I don't go to shows far away really because of the gas. I usually only attend the Richmond shows and sometimes the Manassas show. I'd be okay to carpool to shows further away though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Grymm
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Grymm

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:06 pm

I think occasional get togethers would be fun. It would be nice to some faces with names.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grymmexotics.com/
acl2790
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
acl2790

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:43 pm

I agree, even if it's not centered around a show
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Don wrote:
I always take mine in with me. Done it dozens of times. As long as it is in a bag, how do they know what is in it?

I even took a four pet rats into a restaurant one time when we were traveling. Didn't want to leave them in the car. As long as they are in some kind of package or bag, no one would be the wiser.
Back to top Go down
dsteamn
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 am

I may have to put my planning skills on hold for a tiny bit. I fell in my driveway yesterday and broke my foot (don't ya hate when that happens?). I'm in an air cast until I see the orthopaedic surgeon so I'm a bit immobile at the moment. Please keep kicking the idea around and post your ideas. I'll work on putting something together when I'm moving a bit better.

Right now I need to figure out how to get the 50 pots of plants in the ground I have sitting in my yard. Its interesting how quickly priorities shift when something like this happens. At least its my left foot and I can still drive. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)   Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost) Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in starting up monthly meetings (repost)
Page 1 of 1