VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
labanddobbielover
labanddobbielover

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko Empty
PostSubject: suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko   suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:52 pm

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko Image011
I just acquired a 1 1/2 year old male leopard gecko. I have attached a picture of his most current habitat. He does have a red light to keep him warm, I have also added moss to his tank for moisture. Does he need a heating pad? What else does he need?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Cat
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko Empty
PostSubject: Re: suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko   suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 4:03 pm

You have a nice looking lizard. Is that a watering device on the right? If so you definitely do not need that, just a small bowl that is changed regularly. The artificial plants are only taking up floor space that could otherwise be used by your gecko. Provide a moist hide for shedding and another shelter that is kept dry. What does the room temperature average? If it is in the mid 70's F then you should be OK with a red light on one end. If the room ever gets much cooler then I would add a small undertank heater - make sure that the tank has a warm end and a cool end. A temp gun is reall useful. Checkout geckosunlimited.com, there is a ton of beginner leopard gecko information there.
Chip
Back to top Go down

suggestions for habitat for new leopard gecko
Page 1 of 1