VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! Empty
PostSubject: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 pm

I'll be calling the senate clerk in the morning to find out if SB 477 in on the agenda for Thursday. If it is on the agenda we need as many people to show up in Richmond as possible. I'll post more information as it is available.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 am

If this happens I will be leaving from Newport News with 4 or 5 empty seats. Anybody that can make it and needs a ride let me know.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 am

Thanks David, please keep us posted. I put my job on notice that I will need the day off on Thursday if needed, but I'm so far behind that if this is tabled I will need to know. Hopefully tomorrow we will know more.

thanks,
Larry
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 am

I guess these things never go down on weekends?
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 am

Focal wrote:
I guess these things never go down on weekends?

The Va legislature working weekends???? cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:51 am

I hope it is not. I have to attend a meeting tomorrow that I can not get out of. If it is, EVERYONE who can make this should attend. You don't have to give a speech or even talk. The legislators need to see people who oppose this bill. Just being there helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 am

I received this from Bonnie Keller this morning who received it from Sen. Black's office.

"As you can see below, I just got word from Senator Black’s Legislative Aide that he spoke to the patron directly and was told this bill would be passed by for the year, effectively killing the bill. There are numerous ways to kill a bill including striking the bill, withdrawing the bill, tabling the bill and passing by the bill for the year. The end result is the same – the bill is dead. The fact that we have heard the same thing that you have heard is a strong indication that the patron will do as they say they will. Having said that, this is not our bill and we can only work off of what we have heard.

I hope this information is helpful,

Michelle Staton
Aide
Senator **** Black, 13th District"
Back to top Go down
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:40 pm

I've been on the phone with members on the committee, the clerk on the committee, and just talked to Andrew Wyatt of USARK to confrirm that SB 477 will be tabled for the year. No need to show up in Richmond tomorrow, we are safe for this year.

Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 pm

WHEW! I wonder why they have it shown on the docket?
Back to top Go down
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:52 pm

From what I was told , they still have to but it on the docket even if it is being pulled.
Back to top Go down
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:13 pm

So David does this mean will still need to be there? Is there a chnce if we are not that they will sneak it past us?
Back to top Go down
David_Means
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:11 pm

From what I'm told, we don't need to be there. I may still go down to see how the process works to better prepare for next year.
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:59 pm

David_Means wrote:
From what I'm told, we don't need to be there. I may still go down to see how the process works to better prepare for next year.

Thanks David. Keep us posted. I see USARK gave you thanks for organizing us in Va.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 pm

leftoflarry wrote:
David_Means wrote:

Thanks David. Keep us posted. I see USARK gave you thanks for organizing us in Va.

And, it was well deserved. Thanks David!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!!   SB 477 Is on the docket for Thursday!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1