VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster

Go down 
+10
rossreptiles
Foster Reves
smb2585
Jabberwocky Dragons
jw
ezekiel21
Focal
Lokielani
smd58
DaganGecko
14 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster Empty
PostSubject: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 pm

Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster Green-eyed-monster-bag-design

So...I've got the wants.

I've got the wants, bad!

Sometimes it's hard to browse the forum because it seems like so many people have a constant influx of new animals. I am ashamed to say I can become quite jealous! The more I read about other people's acquisitions, the greater grows my hunger for more, more, MORE snakes and geckos. I used to be into keeping fish, and the same deal came with that. There was always a new tank to build, and a new fish to fry...er, buy.

I really do love seeing all of your beautiful animals. Some of you already have crazy cool collections. BUT. Don't be fooled. I want your animals. And I am watching your posts with big...green...eyes.

Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster Envy+green+eyed+monster
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Your not alone there.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 pm

lol! I know the feeling! If I wasn't married OMG!!! The animals I would have!!! I have to be content looking at everyone elses cool collections and dream to myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:06 am

lol!

I use to be the same way. A good tool I use, I will keep telling myself to take it slow, breed and then trade offspring to vary the genes up. I've been pretty good but I am weak when I see a steal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:13 am

Yeah, I'm horrible with this..... That's why I had my wife take my credit card. I'm the cheapest guy in the world, when I lived in Florida and I was single I ate Ramon noodles for every meal and I NEVER used my ac. Every month my electricity bill was under 30 bucks. But when it comes to snakes..... I can't stop buying, lol.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 am

Lokielani wrote:
If I wasn't married OMG!!! The animals I would have!!!

Oh, that just sounds baaaaaaaaaaad cryingwithlaughter
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 pm

My wife keeps me in line on spending, but.... With the projects with Joe, I get things anyway. A trade here or there, sell off something put the money back in, and I've done a lot through Hets, cheaper but gets me there, in time.
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I have 9 empty tubs just staring at me No It's so tempting since they are already heated and ready to go but I have to resist. All these end of the year sales aren't helping either!
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:43 pm

Zeus is totally not helping by showing me the Mastiff puppies!!! It's one of the breeds I have longed to have forever!!!!
Back to top Go down
ezekiel21
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ezekiel21

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:46 pm

Jabberwocky Dragons wrote:
I have 9 empty tubs just staring at me No It's so tempting since they are already heated and ready to go but I have to resist. All these end of the year sales aren't helping either!

I know! Im trying to hold off till after the breeding season and hope that someone is done with a nice big female and decides to sell it for a decent price. I can't keep buying babies.... That won't get me very far, lol.
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:42 pm

I want to add pieds so bad this year. Its what i started out trying to do and got side tracked.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

My boyfriend keeps making comments about the number of pets I have! I don't even have a fraction of what I want! I mean I have to pay a pet sitter anyway, why not put them to work? It's going to cost the same whether I have five or fifty geckos. Razz Ugh! I wish people weren't so prejudiced about people with many animals. As long as we care for them, there is no reason that it's worse than having a ton of electronic gadgets or cars in your garage or whatever it is people collect...

Life is so empty without animals. One time I pared my collection down and was like ok...there's nothing to feed today. WHAT?!
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:48 pm

I am the same way Dagan... so jealous... thats why I was so excited when we saw locks... and now with the move we will have a reptile room.. only to find out the room we are using which is well insulated and what not and used to be a "gun room" is only 7x7 Sad

but i am so excited to add more soon... or have some hatchlings!
Back to top Go down
Foster Reves
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 1:33 am

One of the lesser known laws of the universe....Nature abhors an empty tank.
Back to top Go down
rossreptiles
rossreptiles

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:00 am

Luckily--- my wife and I have the same addiction.....Boas and Balls...and now Leopard Geckos as well.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/vinlandreptiles
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:57 pm

The ONE animal my bf gets excited about is a panther chameleon...and unfortunately while I think they are pretty, I have no interest whatsoever in raising or breeding them! So much work and so fragile...I'm sure a petsitter could demolish one in a single week.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Actually Panthers aren't that hard to keep. If you have a good mister and get the right lights, they are pretty easy. Mine are thriving and not that difficult at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

"aren't that hard" is the point. Geckos...you forget to do anything for a few days, they're A OK. I doubt a chameleon would tolerate any lapse in care, aka when I'm gone for a week or two and a petsitter has to deal with them. Also I know chams don't travel well...and I travel every 3 weeks or so. xP
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm

tooo much traveling for me lol. I only like traveling if we are going to a reptile show.. or in October when I go to Alabama for a wedding.. I am a bridesmaid and my daughter will be the flower girl... otherwise the only trips I am making is from my house to the new house less than 3 miles up the road, to my daughter's cheering competition Feb 18 in Midlothian, and Hamburg if February... so far. lol.

And hopefully we come back with something good from Hamburg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:30 pm

It's a curse...and a blessing...and a curse... this hobby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
leftoflarry
VHS Moderator
VHS Moderator
leftoflarry

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:32 pm

By the way, one way to get your snake fix is by joining the Virginia Herpetological Society and go on Field Herp Trips with us. Not the same as breeding, but there is an awesome adrenaline rush when you're chasing down a black racer or a rattlesnake. Smile (I know shameless plug: Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.vaherpsociety.com
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:01 pm

i know exactly how you feel!! i keep reading all ya'lls post and just think " awe man i want one of those!" ive just recently been able to start collecting now that i have a place that allows them and no roomies ^_^ sadly i only have 2 as of now a lavender corn and a ball both of which i want to try breeding haha more the corn then the ball though simply because i wanna see all the colors i can get haha
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:00 pm

I've always got a bad case of the wants. There are soooooooo MANY animals I want to get right now but simply do not have the space or money to make that happen. I haven't purchased a new animal since November of 2010. I got a few snakes from my sister in May of 2011, but that was the most recent new arrivals. I'm itching for some new animals!
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Don

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:32 pm

leftoflarry wrote:
By the way, one way to get your snake fix is by joining the Virginia Herpetological Society and go on Field Herp Trips with us. Not the same as breeding, but there is an awesome adrenaline rush when you're chasing down a black racer or a rattlesnake. Smile (I know shameless plug: Laughing

I already joined and am looking forward to learning about field herping!
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^

how do i join?
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Morta_Dae13 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

how do i join?

http://www.virginiaherpetologicalsociety.com

Go here. All info on joining is there.
Back to top Go down
Morta_Dae13
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 am

well thank you don that helps ^_^
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I would still rather do a herp trip with a forum group. I'm sorry, but I don't know people from the society and am not even a permanent Virginia resident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster   Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster Empty

Back to top Go down

Confession of a Green-Eyed Monster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: