VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So much for New Year's...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

So much for New Year's... Empty
PostSubject: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Some of us may or may not have New Year's resolutions. All I know is, since the new year began, I have had a terrible time keeping track of facebook, emails, and forums! Gahhh! Not enough time in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:37 pm

I wanna get back on track with my diet... I was doing so good then the holidays hit Sad

But I am hoping to get back into it and be more productive and motivated to do more once we move next month!

Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:45 pm

I need to loss some weight. But I think this time Ill try for 20 -30 at a shot, I lost 100 last year but did it so fast my body never adjusted and put most back on.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I know how you feel Dagan! School hasn't even started yet and I already feel the pressure, and I've been sick for a few days.

Wow Steve! 100lbs??? What were you doing? I need to lose some too, it's bad when you can say you've belonged to a gym for 3 years and actually go a lot and haven't lost anything!!!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:30 pm

I was at the gym everyday on a eliptical, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and cut my eating way down, but that way didnt let me adjust my habbits. This time Iam going to do the gym or running and eat less and loss the wight in smaller amounts, adjust to that loss and then go for more.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 pm

I do certain exercises to stay in shape/build my strength, but I'm amazed how a 45 min at-home routine can change my body so much! I think some people won't exercise because they feel like they have to leave home and go to a gym. I have two 5 lb. weights, an exercise mat, and an exercise ball. I can do a surprising amount with those, plus a 2 mile walk on a steep incline near home! (The dogs love it too!) If anyone's struggling to keep up with a routine, I suggest doing something that fits into your time schedule (maybe 30 min) and making sure to do it at the same time every day (like I do mine before my nightly shower).

Lol--why does New Year's always bring up weight loss/exercise/healthy eating? I think New Year's Resolutions produce bad habits--if people start "screwing up," they wait a whole year to try again. Every day is a day for resolution. Smile If you miss a day, it doesn't matter. You haven't ruined anything, so just keep going!

As for food, just be smart. Fast food isn't a good daily item...nor even weekly. Eat your veggies, stick to diet soda, and eat everything in moderation. Have a donut--just don't have a dozen! Have a cup of coffee--just don't go to Starbucks every day. And no, you don't have to RUN to accomplish things. Running can be bad for your joints. Try walking at least 30 min a day.

*shyly steps down from the soapbox*
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Good plan Steve! Our goal is to do more cardio, we don't do very much. We do some of the classes (like body pump and stuff at Gold's) but we mostly lift so I think that's the reason we haven't really lost any weight, we lost a few inches but not enough for me to brag about. Chinese food is our other downfall Smile

LOL @ Dagan. I know everyone on FB is talking about their weightloss goals and posting pics of their food and stuff, it cracks me up, becasue I will be encouraging but I give most of them a month, maybe two! I agree with the everything in moderation, if you tell yourself you can't have you will want it so much more!!!
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:51 pm

I agree with everything you say, last years attempt was a New Year's Resolutions and it was like a forced march. Must go to gym must eat less...... This time no resolution just want to loss some wight to feel good and live longer. I have the time to try it more like you do just need to get up and do it.
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 pm

One thing that helps me is to make a chart in a notebook. I have the incentive to do my exercises every day that way there isn't an empty space in my chart! Also I can see my progress. I think the most important thing for a person's exercise routine is that it is simple enough for them to do it every day without dreading it horribly. They say no pain, no gain--but if you set out agonizing goals for yourself you will probably just get hurt and quit. Razz

Steve--that's a good way to go about it this time. Really just schedule 30 or 45 min to do some simple exercises. Turn on the tv while you do it. Smile Go for a 15 min walk each day and take your ipod. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So much for New Year's...   So much for New Year's... Empty

Back to top Go down

So much for New Year's...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: OFF TOPIC!-
Jump to: