VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Orange Alligator???

Go down 
+4
Don
MADKATTER
smd58
Lokielani
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

Orange Alligator??? Empty
PostSubject: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:20 pm

http://blogs.discovery.com/animal-planet-big-pic/2011/12/orange-alligator-discovered-by-70-year-old-woman.html#mkcpgn=fbapl1

He's pretty Smile The article said he could be orange from environmental factors, what kind of environmental factors could turn something orange other than someone spray painting him???
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Looks like he's warring a safety vest.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm

hahahahaha...yeah! I was thinking Cheetos or Cheez-its!
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:14 pm

You could put him in the road as a safety cone.
Back to top Go down
Don

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:19 pm

A giant beardie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PlethoraOfPythons.com
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:40 pm

looks like he was spray painted to me... poor alligator if he was Sad
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Thats what I was thinking at first too, it would be very sad...
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:16 pm

He could be fabulous and just trying a new look. You know, a little feng shui of the scales. It could even be an identity crisis. Maybe it is trying to look like a handbag.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:42 pm

I saw this a while back and thought it may have been dry clay. That stuff usually looks just like it when it's dry. There was thread on fauna that I thought pointed towards the answer, gotta find a link.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 am

I agree with the clay idea. Or swimming through an area that had a lot of rust output from corroding pipes. Both would make sense. The color while neat, just doesn't look natural or permanent
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Looks like dried clay to me.
Back to top Go down
MADKATTER
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 pm

I still think he is fabulous.
Back to top Go down
Lokielani
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
Lokielani

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:55 pm

MADKATTER wrote:
I still think he is fabulous.

Totally Smile
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:13 am

A walking parking cone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange Alligator???   Orange Alligator??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Orange Alligator???
Page 1 of 1