VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter

Go down 
+2
Deedle
jw
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter Empty
PostSubject: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

This is what I was told and I'm just passing it on:

"The Arlington Animal Shelter has a weird bright yellow albino reticulated python. I think this snake is worth around $7000-$10,000. And he is super friendly. Too bad they are now listed on the injurious sp list. Sad

This is what he looked like:
http://www.prehistoricpets.com/p/1055/albino-goldenchild-super-sunfires
"
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Probably just a white gc, nobody that has one with that many genes is in an animal shelter.

And anything Prehistoric pets list are 3-4x over priced.  The actual value of that snake they (Albino GC Super Sunfire) 2500-3000.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Also if it is a male retic, no matter how friendly it is give it proper respect if anyone adopts it, as males even without females around can go into breed mode.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 12:05 am

I wonder if they would adopt out of state...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 11:39 am

Transporting the snake from VA to WV would be a violation of the Lacey Act as I understand it.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:23 pm

Not if one was a USARK member before April 8th. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 3:39 pm

bcr229 wrote:

Yes this,

I have my certification from USARK, have been a member for 2+ years now and donate monthly still.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 4:23 pm

bcr229 wrote:

Really? That's interesting. Is it posted on line somewhere? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:07 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 10:08 am

I really hope they don't let it go for the standard $50 fee because it's worth so much more than that, and I know they need the money.

If it's six feet long it's not 2-3 years old, most likely under a year.

Also if you look at their FB thread on the retic, they mentioned that they've decided to waive the adoption fee on the male Burmese because it's not eating well for them.
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Hahaa way to go VARR giving a bunch of **** info
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Did VARR mess up something with their description?
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:38 pm

Most likely the Age, approximately 2-3 years old that was completely pulled out of someones ***.  

They keep referring to it as a her and then says just giving a best guess at this point?

Anyways it's an Albino Golden Child Tiger, they should sex it and auction it imo everyones going to try to get that for $50.  It's also a morph thats still $700-1000 range.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 9:26 pm

It seems as if they are speculating on the age and gender, but if you know better, why not jump in and help them out? Perhaps VARR would benefit from your expertise?
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:23 pm

There are many things I would do to save an animal, helping that lady though not one of them.

I've had more than my share of run ins with VARR.  I hope someone gets that Albino Golden Child Tiger and takes care of it.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Pretty snake. I hope it gets a good home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Running_Elk
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:57 am

Deedle wrote:
There are many things I would do to save an animal, helping that lady though not one of them.

I've had more than my share of run ins with VARR.  I hope someone gets that Albino Golden Child Tiger and takes care of it.

What's wrong with VARR? They have a turtle I'm interested in. Should I avoid them?
Back to top Go down
Jabberwocky Dragons
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
Jabberwocky Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:09 pm

I dunno. I'm very partial to reptile rescues and have supported a couple great ones. However, after reading the terms and conditions in VARR's adoption contract, I wouldn't be able to recommend them to anyone.

When you're running any type of animal rescue, you have to balance finding the animals a decent home versus finding them the perfect home that almost never exists. They kind of take their vision of a perfect home and jump off the deep end imo.. especially with the clauses about live feeding.

My philosophy is that a decent home may not be perfect but it's better than being put down when your countdown clock is up or being crammed in a tiny cage with way too many other animals for weeks or months as a Hampton Roads shelter used to do.

Please note that I'm not suggesting rescues should ever place an animal in a bad home or shouldn't have discretion. I just think it's unreasonable when an animal rescue goes beyond the discretion used by a good, respectable pet store in placing animals and instead starts resembling a human adoption level of regulations and contracts. Not directed at VARR specifically but just my thoughts on animal shelters and rescues in general for all animal types.
Back to top Go down
http://www.JabberwockyDragons.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter   Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter Empty

Back to top Go down

Retic in Arlington Co. Animal Shelter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: