VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

House Gecko Care?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

House Gecko Care? Empty
PostSubject: House Gecko Care?   House Gecko Care? EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:09 pm

I work in a pet store and we had some house geckos come in injured. We can't sell them like that so work gave them to me. It was unplanned so I didn't have anything set up ahead of time. I'm not sure if anyone here has experience with these and I plan to join a gecko forum that might give me some more information.

So I now have two geckos. One has a wound on his tail about 1/4 of the way from the base of the tail. The other gecko has a dead tail tip and seems a bit lethargic in comparison to his/her tank mate, but otherwise appears normal.

I'm setting up a 10g tank with eco-earth as a substrate. If they survive, I'd like to experiment with doing a live plant tank but for now I got a fake leaf plant. I'll get more the next time I go to the store. The room they are in is my reptile room. Its around 77-79 in there with a humidity of 50%. The tank will be higher due to the eco-earth.

I'll get pics of the geckos and tank once everything is set up. What would you recommend for environment, temp, and diet?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/

House Gecko Care?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: