VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sexing corn snakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Sexing corn snakes  Empty
PostSubject: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 5:58 pm

I have two corn snake hatchlings and I want to sex them but I haven't sexed anything this small in a long time. Is popping or probing safer for hatchlings?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:36 am

I just do the popping method for my little babies that I hatched out. Worked just fine. Quick and easy.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:18 pm

They were fairly easy to pop and I have two males. I was hoping for females as Id like to start breeding corns in the near future. Guess I'll have to wait to go to a reptile show and find some females.
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Do you want adults or babies? I have 1 baby left that is 100% het albino. She is just a normal but is really pretty.
Back to top Go down
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

PostSubject: Re: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 8:19 am

What kind of albino. Do you mean amel? If so, I have an adult snow female so I don't need amel. We are looking for morphs we don't have. Right now I have snow (amel and anery) and ghost vanishing stripe (hypo, anery, vanishing stripe)
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 8:09 pm

I mean amel. Ok, well I don't have anything different than you.
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: Sexing corn snakes    Sexing corn snakes  EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 2:25 am

All I have left are

From a vanishing stripe ghost X amel stripe (ingredients for snow stripes):
Normal stripes het amel, anery and hypo
Anery stripes het amel and hypo.  

From two parents that are both from an extreme reverse okee X Abbotts okee pairing with buckskin heritage:
Extreme reverese okeetees
What looks promising to be extreme okeetees
What looks promising to be buckskin okeetees
Don Soderberg of South Mountain Reptiles verified what I believe to be true about the okees above.  

The stripes are all eating frozen thaw really well.
The okees are about half eating f/t, the others are either on live pinks or skinks until they switch over.
Back to top Go down

Sexing corn snakes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: