VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leopard gecko won't eat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ClarkeReptiles
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
ClarkeReptiles

Leopard gecko won't eat Empty
PostSubject: Leopard gecko won't eat   Leopard gecko won't eat EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 8:29 am

I have a female leopard gecko that is around 2 years old. I got her from a customer that needed to find new homes for his reptiles. He said she'd been eating crickets and she has a really fat tail so she looked to be in excellent condition. We have her in her original set up. 10g tank with red heat bulb. temps around 85 at night and around 90 during the day. We tried her on crickets and she wouldn't touch those. Tried superworms. She ate one a few weeks ago and regurgitated it. She hasn't eaten anything since.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://clarkereptiles.weebly.com/
Cjherps1
Cjherps1

PostSubject: Re: Leopard gecko won't eat   Leopard gecko won't eat EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:05 pm

I had a feeding problem with one of my adult females also. The thing that worked for me was I cut off the head of a pinky mouse and wiggled the head in front of her. Don't know why it worked but it did. Not sure if it was case sensitive to only my gecko or if it would work for yours too.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: Leopard gecko won't eat   Leopard gecko won't eat EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:48 am

My baby leo refused to eat for a few days after I cleared out its cage of its original substrate about a week ago. I left mealworms in the cage in its feeding bowl with a decent amount of calcium for them to wriggle around in. Seems if she gets hungry and crickets aren't around she will wander to the bowl and nab them from it. Have you tried offering other food items besides just crickets? I read somewhere that every once in awhile they get picky and quit eating what they were eating before, so switching up their food source might help. Hope this info helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leopard gecko won't eat   Leopard gecko won't eat Empty

Back to top Go down

Leopard gecko won't eat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: