VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
attack_donut
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
attack_donut

What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? Empty
PostSubject: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 6:58 pm

My new Savannah, about 1.5 years old, is absolutely *fascinated* by my girlfriend's shoes. Whenever he comes out of his tank, he'll head right towards them, and start chewing on them like a dog would with a chew toy. I have videos of this, but too big to upload right now (will need to edit it later and post)

He jumped my gf's foot one day and tried to bite the shoe, but when he realized her foot was in it, he let go and stopped (so there's some intelligence going on there anyway)

So...any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://plaguedbethyangel.blogspot.com
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Are the shoes made of leather so maybe they smell like food?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Cjherps1
Cjherps1

PostSubject: Re: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:54 pm

maybe her feet have a distinct smell that reminds him of food. lol im not saying she has smelly feet or anything, just saying that maybe the savannah likes the smell of her feet
Back to top Go down
LinM

PostSubject: Re: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:24 pm

The shoes are made of canvas, but he also likes my sneakers and socks....
A lizard with a foot fetish???
Back to top Go down
Cjherps1
Cjherps1

PostSubject: Re: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Haha maybe you should start scenting his food with your feet. My savannah seems to like the smell of finger considering that's all he likes to bite!
Back to top Go down
LinM

PostSubject: Re: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:01 am

Our Savanna has no problems eating. Not fussy at all. Will gobble up mice, eggs or boiled chicken.
The obsession with my shoes is quite interesting. As long as he doesn't bite my bare feet, it will be OK. I have given him the shoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?   What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor? Empty

Back to top Go down

What in the world is going on with my Savannah Monitor?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: