VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New guy from Sussex County, Va.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackwater

New guy from Sussex County, Va. Empty
PostSubject: New guy from Sussex County, Va.   New guy from Sussex County, Va. EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm an old herper who has taken time away from the hobby to do other things for about 12 years. Recently, I have felt the pull of my old love.. field herping and snake-keeping... so, I've begun to look around to see what's out there and I must say I am amazed with all the new color forms available today.

I'm seriously thinking of getting some Florida Kingsnakes (Just regular old big kings) to fool with, and maybe start raising some mice to feed them ... perhaps sell a few extras... Before 9-11-2001, I used to sell frozen mice and rats all over the US by USPS, and I set up a Snake Feeders page where snake keepers could find large rodents and rabbits to feed their large serpents... I had some personal troubles that caused me to vacate the hobby for a time, but I believe I'm past that now and may want to keep a few snakes again..

Anyhow, that's probably too much information about me this early on in the dialogue...

I had fairly extensive experience with breeding pythons and boas, as well as several species of venomous snakes. Getting imported and non-feeding ball pythons to eat was one thing I learned to do and it's as simple as anything I ever did...

Pleased to meet you all.

Tom
Back to top Go down
allaboutthekings
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
allaboutthekings

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Sussex County, Va.   New guy from Sussex County, Va. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 12:53 pm

Welcome to va Herps Tom
Back to top Go down
Ginvbch
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Ginvbch

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Sussex County, Va.   New guy from Sussex County, Va. EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am

Welcome to the forum Tom!
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: New guy from Sussex County, Va.   New guy from Sussex County, Va. EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 2:59 pm

Hello Tom, I may have what you want. Two generic florida kings that produced for me last year. The male is a very cool, mild mannered snake that handles really well and is the typical greenish/yellow floridana color. The female is darker and is fairly nervous. Both have the typical kingsnake appetite and are cooling right now. I will be warming them up later this month. I now have locality Miami/South Dade "brooksi" that I am bringing along. Let me know what you think! PM me here and I'll give you my cell for texting.
Back to top Go down

New guy from Sussex County, Va.
Page 1 of 1