VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Cornsnakes hisses?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

My Cornsnakes hisses? Empty
PostSubject: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi everyone. My cornsnake recently started to be making noises and it is becoming a bit concerning. She makes these really soft hissing and popping noises. She doesn't hiss like she is mad. And she makes popping noises a lot. They are also very soft and she makes them right before or right after she makes a little hiss. Does anyone know what is wrong with her?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Arachne

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 7:41 am

When mine make popping noises they are in shed
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah. She is in shed and is going to shed today or tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Arachne

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Probably all it is then. If it continues after she sheds I would take her to the vet.
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:17 pm

What are the temperatures inside the snake's enclosure?
I agree with Arachne, the sounds are probably a result of the impending shed.
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 9:55 pm

The ambient temp is 80 and her hotspot is 87. And she shed yesterday and hasn't made a noise since. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Arachne

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:16 am

Happy to hear that Smile
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Was her mouth slightly open all the time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Cornsnakes hisses?   My Cornsnakes hisses? Empty

Back to top Go down

My Cornsnakes hisses?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: