VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my ball has a problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

my ball has a problem Empty
PostSubject: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 am

Hey everyone, about 3 days ago I noticed that on some parts of my snakes belly that it was turning a little pinkish red. I thought that it may be a burn or something like that but I only have the hot spot set to 93 degrees and the heat has to go through 2 inches of bedding. So I kind of ruled out that she is starting to get burned. Could it be a burn? Does anyone know what it could be because I want to get her heathly as fast as I can.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
jenlb714

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:32 am

Did your ball just shed?
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:07 pm

no she has not shed in about 1.5 months.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:53 pm

neeckow123 wrote:
no she has not shed in about 1.5 months.
She's probably starting to then. That's one of the first signs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
jenlb714

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Yeah I was going to saw if she had just shed, she had an issue with her shedding and creating irritations but since she hasn't shed, her scales are a bit irritated and are ready for a shed.
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 2:27 pm

Ok. SO is this a problem that I should really be worried about?
Back to top Go down
jenlb714

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 pm

I would say keep an eye on them. Check your temperature and humidity levels in her home. Make sure they are appropriate for her. If she doesn't shed in the next few weeks, you may want to consider offering the ball a sort of bath for her to soak her scales in to help with the shedding. If her pink spots get worse, you need to treat her for burns, just to be safe. Or take her to the vet to make sure there isn't some underlying cause.
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Ok. I just got home from school and they seems to be that the pink color on her belly is getting much lighter. And her color is starting to get darker like she may go into blue within a few days. I will keep an eye on her and if it get worse will probably take her to the vet.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Keep her humidity up and leave her alone for a few days unless her enclosure needs cleaning; mine tend to be grumpy during shed anyway.

Don't worry about soaking her unless she has a bad shed that comes off in pieces and she's got patches of stuck shed.
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 am

Ok thanks. So I have her on aspen bedding right now. How would I keep up the humidity on that? Could I just lightly mist it?
Back to top Go down
tomherndon

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 8:40 pm

I don't know your set up, but if it's fairly sealed, just keep her water bowl full so there's plenty of evaporation to keep it humid. Extra misting probably isn't necessary. I agree with the let her be and keep an eye on her.

Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Using a wide, shallow water bowl and keeping it partially over the heat so the water evaporates helps keep the humidity up. Misting also helps, but if you soak aspen too much it tends to mold.

In the winter my house gets so dry that I switch mine over to cypress mulch to help with humidity.
Back to top Go down
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 am

Ok thanks guys. The pink is actually getting lighter for some reason and she is about to shed in about 4 days. I did what you said and the humidity is rising. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my ball has a problem   my ball has a problem Empty

Back to top Go down

my ball has a problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: