VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1.2 Savu Pythons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:00 pm

This trio just arrived this week. The two females are three months old and still nippy, the male is a year old, well into his color change from orange to black, and quite easily handled.

Adult females are about five feet long, males are around four feet long, making them one of the smaller python species. I'm really looking forward to working with them.

Female
1.2 Savu Pythons Savu_f2_zpsb1bbe1c0

Female
1.2 Savu Pythons Savu_f1_zps01e7da51

Male
1.2 Savu Pythons Savu_m_zps2cd6daf4
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 11:57 am

The male is interesting looking!
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Nice little gems you have there!
I love starting projects with young animals. Although it's rewarding to have success with any species you're working with, it is doubling rewarding when you raised the breeding stock from youngsters.
Best of luck with the new additions!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks. I'm hoping the chill out as quickly as my BRB babies did, one of the females got six tags in during her last tub cleaning. She's feisty!

All three are voracious, there are no concerns with them being picky like BP's, and like most snakes are often over-fed in captivity.

I don't think many people breed them b/c it takes 5-6 years for them to reach sexual maturity, unlike BP's and BCI's they must be cooled to be fertile; the process is similar to BRB's. Power-feeding them to get them up to size doesn't work either - if they're fat they don't breed, go figure.
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:33 pm

I'm sure the defensive striking problem will work itself out. She'll either calm down or draw so much blood that you bleed out Very Happy . Seriously though, I would wager that she will calm down in short order.
BRB's are beauties as well. Post up some pics when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:04 am

They look great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
neeckow123
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 pm

They look so cool!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Nocturnalnature wrote:
I'm sure the defensive striking problem will work itself out. She'll either calm down or draw so much blood that you bleed out Very Happy . Seriously though, I would wager that she will calm down in short order.
Sigh. She hasn't yet - tagged me twice today in under a second.

On a better note, I got an 2011 female a few weeks ago. She's flighty in hand but not nippy. Normally I like to get babies and raise them up, but when she popped up for sale on Fauna I couldn't resist.
Bellona - 2011 Female Savu Python
Back to top Go down
Nocturnalnature
Established Member
Established Member

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 7:35 pm

bcr229 wrote:
Nocturnalnature wrote:
Sigh.  She hasn't yet - tagged me twice today in under a second.

On a better note, I got an 2011 female a few weeks ago.  She's flighty in hand but not nippy.  Normally I like to get babies and raise them up, but when she popped up for sale on Fauna I couldn't resist.
Bellona - 2011 Female Savu Python

I know exactly how that feels. One of my female Blackheads is so food aggressive that she will strike at anything that moves.
Congrats on the newest addition! Sounds like you got the makings of a fine breeding project right there!
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 10:23 pm

Thanks, I'm looking forward to working with them.

The original 1.2 just got moved from the 6 quart hatchling rack to 15 quart tubs this weekend. It's weird having a two year old snake that looks like a pea rattling around in an empty can, when he's in a 15 qt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1.2 Savu Pythons Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1.2 Savu Pythons   1.2 Savu Pythons Empty

Back to top Go down

1.2 Savu Pythons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: