VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Locked Bps!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

Locked Bps! Empty
PostSubject: Locked Bps!   Locked Bps! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 12:17 pm

I posted a while back about two bps that I rescued/rehomed. Since then they have put on some weight, switched to eating rats and have been in a nice clean enclosure(unlike before). They came in the same enclosure together and I have not been able to split them up due to not being able to afford new ones quite yet.

I thought a while back I had seen them locked, but I couldn't see well enough to tell 100% and didn't want to disturb them. I was going to get them out the other day and they were definitely locked when I went into get them. Awesome? Yes! Though I do not have any sort of a setup for breeding yet so I was/am not ready for babies. I guess my question here is are there any ways to deal with this with no incubator or extra space to move the male to(other than in with my other female)? Or would having someone who has an incubator take the clutch and help with the process? If she even ends up laying eggs..Just trying to be prepared if that ends up happening. As far as I know neither have been bred before so I don't really know what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

Locked Bps! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Bps!   Locked Bps! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:38 pm

I'd of placed both females in the same enclosure instead of a male with a female and then a separate female in a cage alone...

For an incubator check CL for free/broken mini fridge's you can find them cheap or even better find em free as well.... Along with the other thing's you'll need for another tank to prevent it from happening until your completely ready ( I'll keep my eyes open on CL around my area to see if I see one on there and If I do I'll grab it up for you!!!!! )
(I'll double check but I may have some flexwatt big enough for a mini fridge incubator if you find one)
I have a rack holds 6 locking 32qt tubs but it's missing two tubs it's not the best nor the prettiest but it works ( no flexwatt as the room is temp controlled and only 3 of my 7 of my racks have actual flexwatt ran in them.... )
Personally I wouldn't let anyone take the clutch on just their word unless the reputation is stellar even then you risk the chance of being screwed over

While it may seem I'm being an ( bad word ) those aren't my intentions and if what I said came' across that way I do apologize but I honestly can't speak because just a few years ago I was in your shoe's ( I was ready and prepared had racks just no incubator ) but that was quickly taken care of by someone who came into a mini fridge they didn't need but picked it up for me because they knew I needed one BTW I still have that same incubator and since then ( I wanna say 4/5 year's ) it's hatched over 20-30 clutches for me I'm actually while I'm on the subject gonna go say thanks again for that one to that person
Back to top Go down
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

Locked Bps! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Bps!   Locked Bps! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Had I known the sex of the two rescued snakes I would have done that, but I was unsure so I just left them together since the person who had them before had them together. Though given the condition of the snakes and enclosure was probably not my best judgement to trust them.

I actually have a little mini fridge that I don't use and I really did not want to give the clutch to anyone for the same reason obviously. I just don't want to end up having a clutch and not being prepared. I would rather just give the clutch to someone rather than them dying as a worst case, but hopefully I will have enough time to get what I need together to avoid that. I have wanted to start breeding anyway just wasn't planning on it so soon..I guess this may get me going haha!
Back to top Go down
Cp3_Pythons
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Cp3_Pythons

Locked Bps! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Bps!   Locked Bps! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:00 pm

That it will when I get back home I'll double check and see if I have any flexwatt you can have.... it may be wired but it may not I honestly don't know

I'd also research how to pop and probe em ( something even after 4-5 years of having clutches ) I'm still not great at as I still get the feeling I'm going to put the probe clean through em with my clumsy self now popping I can do with ease ( even on adults which brings controversy same say don't other say it's okay ) I wish you the best of luck and if it's nothing least you know and for the next time you'll be prepared
Back to top Go down
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

Locked Bps! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Bps!   Locked Bps! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Awesome, thanks for help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Locked Bps! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Locked Bps!   Locked Bps! Empty