VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hog Island Boa ????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
frisket00
frisket00

Hog Island Boa ???? Empty
PostSubject: Hog Island Boa ????   Hog Island Boa ???? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 3:37 pm

I have been looking at getting a new pet and was wandering if any one local has a hog island boa. I was wandering about there temperment and feeding habits. Do they have to be feed rabbits like other boas when they get older and stuff. i don't want to get the animal and not be fully ready to give it a great life. I am also wandering if there is anyone local that breeds them. i have been looking online and just wanted to know from a person with first hand info. thank you
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

Hog Island Boa ???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hog Island Boa ????   Hog Island Boa ???? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Hogg Island boas are one of the smaller sub-localities, as adults they run 5-7' with females larger than males. They're also more slender than other BCI's so I don't think you should ever need to feed them rabbits, they should do just fine on rats all their lives. If you do get one find a breeder that has pure stock, or you could end up with a larger snake than you'd planned on.

Heat and humidity requirements are basically the same as for other BCI's.

Temperament will vary just like any other snake, most boas are easily handled but you get the occasional defensive/nippy critter that may take a while to settle. A breeder can select a more laid back baby for you if that's what you're after.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/

Hog Island Boa ????
Page 1 of 1