VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

January Herp of the Month Candidates!

Go down 
+6
smd58
JoeEllisReptiles
Chuck H.
DaganGecko
MADexotics
Focal
10 posters

January: Herp of the Month
Focal X
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap10%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
MADexotics
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap3%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Chuck H.
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap7%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
JoeEllisReptiles
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap31%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 31% [ 9 ]
smd58
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap38%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 38% [ 11 ]
ax2austin
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap0%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
bcasketmaker
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap3%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Axolotl Girl
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_lcap7%January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Empty
PostSubject: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 10:09 am

This month's theme will be winter! (although not required for entry)

Ever-changing Rules:

1. Votes can be changed at any time.

2. Your entry CANNOT be changed after it has been voted on. ONLY ONE PICTURE PER MEMBER.

3. The sooner you get your photo up in the beginning of the month, the higher the visibility and more votes

4. The photographer should own the picture. Photo's stolen off the internet will not be accepted. Pictures of wildlife, museums, zoo's , field collections, and aquariums are fine, as long as they were taken by you. If you are a winner, I will have your photo uploaded to my PhotoBucket.com account until the end of that month. This ensures the direct link cannot be changed resulting in inappropriate content on the homepage.

5. Voting starts at the beginning of the month and ends at the end of the month. Winner is chosen the first day of the next month.

Ready set go!!

Last edited by Focal on Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:51 am

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   RT2
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Ahh come one. I don't wanna be the only one to play. The placeholder had more votes than I did yesterday LOL.
Back to top Go down
MADexotics
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
MADexotics

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 10:47 pm

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   30290410
okay... Not winter related... But I like the way the water looks
Back to top Go down
DaganGecko
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
DaganGecko

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am

Hmm, I think there should be only one entry allowed per person, otherwise it's confusing! How long do we have to get photos? I think we need a good amount of time so we can take our themed pics. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.aspx?UserId=5fb7c078-e6af-4
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:54 am

It starts at the begining of the month and ends at the end. Winner is chose the first day of the next month.

Yes, only one photo per person. Once a picture has been voted on, no changes.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:58 am

The sooner you get your photo up in the beginning of the month, the higher the visibility and more votes
Back to top Go down
Chuck H.
Chuck H.

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:23 pm

May I suggest this be a two-part process: all pic submissions by a given deadline (maybe 20th of the month) and then voting is opened (giving the remaining 10-11 days for voting). That way the outstanding submission that makes the deadline but just so happens to be last isn't at a disadvantage and all submissions can be viewed prior to voting. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Chuck H. wrote:
May I suggest this be a two-part process: all pic submissions by a given deadline (maybe 20th of the month) and then voting is opened (giving the remaining 10-11 days for voting). That way the outstanding submission that makes the deadline but just so happens to be last isn't at a disadvantage and all submissions can be viewed prior to voting. Just a thought.

I like that idea, and it was the original one I wanted to do, but the last poll only had 23 votes, I think, and that was over the span of 30 days. Having it extended until the end of the month would still give ten more days for last minute arrivals and anyone is still welcomed to change their vote anonymously, at any time until midnight of the last day of the month. Since we've already started votes on this poll, I can't give it a shot this month but I would be more than happy to try next month and see if it works better.
Back to top Go down
Chuck H.
Chuck H.

PostSubject: Here go....   January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Indy the Leopard Tortoise:

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   120411009
Back to top Go down
JoeEllisReptiles
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
JoeEllisReptiles

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Desert Bee

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Dsc03310
Back to top Go down
smd58
VaHerp Board Member
VaHerp Board Member
smd58

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:59 pm

here one for the winter theme:
January Herp of the Month Candidates!   DSC00118
Back to top Go down
JoeEllisReptiles
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
JoeEllisReptiles

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:13 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
ax2austin
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
ax2austin

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 10:45 pm

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Dragons2 COME TO THE DARK SIDE
Back to top Go down
bcasketmaker
bcasketmaker

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Can you see me?

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   958f5f57

Last edited by Focal on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cant get the image to attach properly)
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 pm

If you want to email it to me, I can upload it for you

Focalballsandboas@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
bcasketmaker
bcasketmaker

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Axolotl Girl
Established Member
Established Member
Axolotl Girl

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:44 am

My axolotls can be such clowns, it was hard for me to choose just one picture! This little guy is my leucistic, Fafnir

January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Lotls_11
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:58 pm

Oh sorry!! I don't know how I missed your post! affraid You've been added.
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 am

Steve and Joe, neck and neck in the final days of the month. Who will be the winner?!@?! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Axolotl Girl
Established Member
Established Member
Axolotl Girl

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Focal wrote:
Oh sorry!! I don't know how I missed your post! affraid You've been added.

Its ok, I'll just re-enter next month with another picture, I've got plenty of good ones of my 'lotls Smile
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:20 am

Congrats Steve! I'll have the pic up when I get to a comp. Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
smb2585
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
smb2585

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Congrats Steve! YAY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Herp of the Month Candidates!    January Herp of the Month Candidates!   Empty

Back to top Go down

January Herp of the Month Candidates!
Page 1 of 1