VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Boa exhaling heavily

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

Boa exhaling heavily Empty
PostSubject: Boa exhaling heavily   Boa exhaling heavily EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:02 pm

My boa will exhale kind of heavy from time to time when I have her out. I know that could be a possible symptom of a RI, but I have also heard that it's pretty normal for bigger snakes to just naturally breath louder. She's about 6.5' not aggressive at all, eats great, and her enclosure stays nice and clean.
Back to top Go down
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

PostSubject: Re: Boa exhaling heavily   Boa exhaling heavily EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:03 pm

She will be going to the vet for a check up soon anyway, but I just wanted to see if this is something I should be worried about/take her sooner.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Boa exhaling heavily   Boa exhaling heavily EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:15 pm

It's normal, especially for larger snakes. It's a bit disconcerting if your boa's nose is pointed at your ear when it happens though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
jareddtampa
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
jareddtampa

PostSubject: Re: Boa exhaling heavily   Boa exhaling heavily EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Haha that is what I thought, this is the first large snake i've personally owned and I know that others that I have been around a lot have done the same thing. It doesn't really bother me at all, I know she's a sweetheart and very calm just super curious. I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't something I need to worry about as far as any RIs. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: Boa exhaling heavily   Boa exhaling heavily EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:03 am

Burms are bad at this, especially if they've recently drank water they will blow bubbles out of their nose , and even can make the water come back up.

It's always a bit of an over reaction the first time you go through something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boa exhaling heavily   Boa exhaling heavily Empty

Back to top Go down

Boa exhaling heavily
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: General Discussion Forums :: Snake/Lizard/Gecko Discussion-
Jump to: