VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some recent finds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Some recent finds Empty
PostSubject: Some recent finds   Some recent finds EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:37 am

Some recent finds Skinks

Top - Adult Male Broad-headed Skink
Middle - Adult Female Broad-headed Skink
Bottom - Adult Male Five-lined Skink

-
Some recent finds Fivelined_skink

Five-lined Skink guarding nest.
-
Some recent finds Fencelizard

Eastern Fence Lizard
-
Some recent finds Great_blue_heron
Great Blue Heron watching the rapids.
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Some recent finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some recent finds   Some recent finds EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm

I tell ya John you take some great pics? At what range did you take the Fence Lizard picture?
Back to top Go down
jw
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
jw

Some recent finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some recent finds   Some recent finds EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Thanks! If I remember correctly it was taken with a 200mm lens at 6 feet or so, but I'm not sure. I would take a pic, move a little closer, take a pic, move a little closer and repeat this process until the lizard took notice and moved away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some recent finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some recent finds   Some recent finds Empty

Back to top Go down

Some recent finds
Page 1 of 1