VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello!

Go down 
+3
CM5150
maxhorsley
PythonMan89
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 am

Nice to meet all of you. I'm Rob. I'm twenty-five, and I've always wanted to own snakes. I recently bought my first snake last year, and loved having her until I was forced to give her up, seeing as I didn't have anyone who was willing to hold onto her for me while I was gone for eight months, and the military base I'm on doesn't exactly permit snakes to live in your barracks room with you. Given the heat of the room I'm in, she'd have done exceptionally well here, though! Anyways. I'm moving to Virginia for my next duty station, and I'll be living out on the economy again, which means I can actually own a snake or multiple snakes again, and it has me completely excited to resume where I essentially left off. This time, however, they're definitely coming with me no matter where I go, I put up a heck of a fight to try and keep the last one and I'll do the same this time around too if need be.
I've always loved snakes and reptiles, and the types of animals other people tend to shy away from because they're "icky" or "gross" or even because they're "scaly". Something has always just drawn me to them. Maybe it's because they're a link back to the ancient world of dinosaurs, and that old world is something that's always fascinated me too, who knows. What I do know is, I can't wait to raise my own snake(s) again and give them a happy, caring home for them to flourish in, hopefully.
Among snakes and reptiles, I'm into a whole bunch of different things, from kayaking/canoeing to computers, video games, programming, music, reading, writing, soccer and softball, to name a few. Looking forward to speaking with and maybe even meeting a few of you over the next few years!
Back to top Go down
maxhorsley
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
maxhorsley

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 10:09 am

Welcome to the forum.  Hi 
Back to top Go down
CM5150
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Welcome to the forums. I am new here as well.

A small bit of advice for you as it pertains to the military, you will never win the battle of keeping the snakes if they decide to move you. I personally left the hobby durring my time of service and came back when I entered civilian life. If your lucky enough to live off base then you can get away with it but as you well know that can easily change. My advice is to keep it small and be prepaired to find anything you get new homes if the need arises.

Thanks for your service.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:34 pm

CM5150 wrote:
Welcome to the forums. I am new here as well.

A small bit of advice for you as it pertains to the military, you will never win the battle of keeping the snakes if they decide to move you. I personally left the hobby durring my time of service and came back when I entered civilian life. If your lucky enough to live off base then you can get away with it but as you well know that can easily change. My advice is to keep it small and be prepaired to find anything you get new homes if the need arises.

Thanks for your service.
Yeah, I kind of figured. At least this time around I have a friend in Maryland who's more than willing to house them for me if the need arises and care for them appropriately. I'll be showing them everything I've learned and researched as well so if something arises while I'm gone they'll be at least prepared well enough to handle it, or they can get a hold of me. I made sure to have a Plan B this time around, thankfully. Now I just need a Plan C to cover my backup plan and I'll be set haha.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:36 pm

maxhorsley wrote:
Welcome to the forum.  Hi 
Thanks, Max. I shot you a PM the other day, was wondering if maybe you'd seen it?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ginvbch
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Ginvbch

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:20 pm

What type of snakes are you wanting to keep?
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:08 pm

RalphMills wrote:
What type of snakes are you wanting to keep?
Ball pythons and eventually I'd like to own a GTP some day but that might come after I get out of the CG
Back to top Go down
Gamble372
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Gamble372

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Welcome to the forum and have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew