VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New from Midlothian

Go down 
+4
Ginvbch
cornsnakes2014
Deedle
BenVizi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

New from Midlothian  Empty
PostSubject: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Hey everybody, I'm Ben and I will be moving to VA in October. I look forward to possibly meeting some new friends!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Where are you moving from?

What do you keep?
Back to top Go down
cornsnakes2014
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

I'm moving from Atlanta, GA. I have 2 Nile Monitors right now but, once I move up to VA I plan to breed Burms.
Back to top Go down
Ginvbch
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Ginvbch

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Deedle
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Deedle

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:51 am

Finding quality burms in VA is a bit challenging.

New from Midlothian  F110

I was able to get a pair of labs, I have the male up for sale but the female is going no where.
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:22 am

That Lab is gorgeous! I've been looking on the Richmond Craigslist and have found multiple albino burns for good prices! Hopefully they will still be there in October! Lol
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:42 am

Welcome, Ben! I'm actually moving to the VA area myself in a few weeks. I don't currently have any animals, but had a ball last year for about six months. She was my first "pet" snake ever and I had a blast before having to give her up when I moved in October. I'm looking at purchasing two baby ball pythons again, but only after I'm sure I've got at least a couple of tanks to keep them housed in and keep them comfortable. I'm Rob by the way, for anyone else who hasn't met me yet.
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:55 am

Well then, Welcome Rob! I hope you have luck finding the ball pythons you are looking for!
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:58 am

Thanks! I hope so too. I'm impressed with the forums here too so far, there are a lot of knowledgeable and experienced snake owners here and they all seem very helpful in terms of offering information and tips to people like me who are still novices, or have minimal experience.
Back to top Go down
Cdavis503
Cdavis503

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Welcome!
I live in midlothian and always enjoy meeting other enthusiast. I don't know that many people in the area working with burms but it'd be cool to see more of them around!
Let us know when youre around!
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Will do! Thanks for all the welcomes!
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Welcome!!! Glad to have you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:58 am

On the subject of boas and larger pythons, I'm thinking about eventually getting either a Green Tree Python or an Emerald Tree Boa...I love the coloration of either snake. I'd be looking at keeping it more as a pet than a breeder. I don't have any experience with the larger pythons and boas though, and limited experience with snakes in general. So maybe I'll just stick to picking up the ball pythons I'm going to get in the next few months,since I do have experience with them, and worry about the larger species once I've got some more experience under my belt.
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:04 am

I love GTP's and emeralds.. I've never worked with either species but from what I've seen they are more of a display animal because they don't have the best tempers! But then again my Niles don't have the best tempers but I still handle them.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:07 am

I'm assuming temperament also comes with time and handling too, or is it merely the snake's more common personality?
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:00 am

I've heard both sides but from what I've seen they're kind of like Nile monitors, just in they're nature. That's my opinion though. I'm sure other people have different opinions on them.
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:15 am

I guess it couldn't hurt any to go and try handling one firsthand
Back to top Go down
BenVizi
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 am

That would probably be your best bet!
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 am

Hmm. Wonder if there are any reptile shops near Dumfries that might have one...will need to investigate while I'm there for sure!
Back to top Go down
Gamble372
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
Gamble372

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 6:47 pm

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay
Back to top Go down
PythonMan89
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:14 am

Hiya and thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Midlothian    New from Midlothian  Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Midlothian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: Welcomes and Introductions-
Jump to: