VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any suggestions?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Hanover County, Va Black Rat Snake. I picked her up off a back road because she was very sluggish. Thinking she is injured somehow with nerve damage. Even when she rears up it is very slow. When she bites you it is a very deliberate looking movement. Instead of striking she slowly opens her mouth and "grabs" your arm rather than "biting" it. There is no force or strength to it at all. While crawling when scared she will seem to twist with much of her body going belly up. She has typical scarring and a lesion. Going to try and at least give her a secure area to heal if she even can with humid hide, dry hide, aspen shavings and large water bowl. She did refuse both a f/t and live small mouse.
I am not going to run up a vet bill. Just going to give her as much chance as I can and hopefully not have to euthanize her.
Any suggestions? 20140424_184057
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Maybe she ate a poisoned rodent or got ran over by something lighter than a car? Or she fought something that tried to eat her..?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 pm

Hard to say Marco. I'm just providing a secure and isolated cage with temps a little higher than normal to make sure that her immune system is running on all cylinders but I'm afraid it's not an immune system issue. If I can get her to eat a few meals and pass them normally I'll dose her with panacure and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
mamasmarco
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
mamasmarco

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 2:17 am

Good luck and all the best for that poor thing. It looks a little thin..
Back to top Go down
http://www.hamptonroadscritters.com
Sponsored content

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 1