VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sealant for Snake Rack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
agallaway
Established Member
Established Member

Sealant for Snake Rack Empty
PostSubject: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 am

What is the best sealer for wood when building a snack rack/ snake shelf?
Back to top Go down
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 pm

I used regular clear silicone in caulk gun form. Let me find the tube and take a pic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
agallaway
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:56 pm

i was wondering what i could use to seal the wood surfaces. So it doesn't absorb moisture warping or shrinking.
Back to top Go down
mwooster
Established Member
Established Member
mwooster

PostSubject: Re: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:19 pm

Depends on if you want to ad color or not. I use an epoxy paint for my snake cages and racks. It's very durable, seals the wood and will not absorb moisture. You will have to use a minimum of 3 coats depending on the surface and is best applied with a roller. Lowes carries it and I'm sure Home Depot does as well. Just make sure it's epoxy paint. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
http://riverpointfarmreptiles.weebly.com/
agallaway
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I wood like a clear Stain on the wood? also what kind of wood should i use?
im in a time crunch now to get it done. To many tanks in my room and taking up space. Would be nice to get it done in like 3 days to 2 days.
Back to top Go down
agallaway
Established Member
Established Member

PostSubject: Re: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Im trying to build a display case like you would come across at a pet store, like animal jungle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sealant for Snake Rack   Sealant for Snake Rack Empty

Back to top Go down

Sealant for Snake Rack
Page 1 of 1