VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Extreme cold

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zues
VaHerp Board Member+
VaHerp Board Member+
zues

Extreme cold Empty
PostSubject: Extreme cold   Extreme cold EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 pm

In your preps for the cold don't forget about your outside faucets. Get them covered up with something to keep them from freezing. Emergency plumbing fixes will not be cheap after the cold snap we are about to have.
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

Extreme cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extreme cold   Extreme cold EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 6:55 pm

LOL I'm guessing that y'all don't have to shut them off and drain them every year...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
RalphMills
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
RalphMills

Extreme cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extreme cold   Extreme cold EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Nope. For one cold night like we are about to have ill leave a slow drip on my faucet. That helps keep expanding ice in check if the lines do freeze. Plus now that we have pvc water lines instead of copper they dont bust as easily.
Back to top Go down
Dementeddogz
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
Dementeddogz

Extreme cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extreme cold   Extreme cold EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 2:22 am

I usually leave mine alone most years, but it looks like its going to be a cold one. Shut off and drained back faucet, front faucet will have to go on a slow drip, somehow new bathroom and second kitchen is tied onto that shut off valve and i didnt realize it :-\
Back to top Go down
http://www.morphedout.com
Sponsored content

Extreme cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extreme cold   Extreme cold Empty

Back to top Go down

Extreme cold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Welcome to VaHerps! :: OFF TOPIC!-
Jump to: