VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Welcome to VaHerps!!

Please feel free to create an account and post to the discussion and classified forums. If you have any problems registering, please email me at Focal@VaHerps.com

User accounts must be activated by Admin and may be delayed. Please do NOT create a second account if you already have one and contact the email above for any questions.

Thanks!
VaHerps.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation; Every possession, a duty. -John D. Rockefeller

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Re-using cage decor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rrubberbandman
Established Member
Established Member
rrubberbandman

Re-using cage decor Empty
PostSubject: Re-using cage decor   Re-using cage decor EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi,
I have various wood pieces of decor that was used with my Dumerils monitor but he will be going to his new home soon....question is would the decor wood items be ok to use with lizards in the future......or should i clean them somehow before using with different species?
I have never had health issues with any reptiles and the monitor was with me since it was a tiny baby.
Thanks!
Bryan
Back to top Go down
TinatheTegu
VaHerps Crew
VaHerps Crew
TinatheTegu

PostSubject: Re: Re-using cage decor   Re-using cage decor EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Just to be safe, i would clean them. I recommend "Natural Chemistry, healthy habitat."
Back to top Go down
bcr229
VaHerp Senior Crew
VaHerp Senior Crew
bcr229

PostSubject: Re: Re-using cage decor   Re-using cage decor EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 pm

I would also clean them. I don't know how big they are, but after washing them if they fit in the oven you can bake them at around 180*F for 15 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ExtremeFirepower.com/
Focal
VaHerps Janitor
VaHerps Janitor
Focal

PostSubject: Re: Re-using cage decor   Re-using cage decor EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 3:30 pm

I would soak in a diluted F10SC or bleach solution. Then scrub down with a bristle brush to remove any waste. I've done it several times and haven't had a problem yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FocalBallsAndBoas.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-using cage decor   Re-using cage decor Empty

Back to top Go down

Re-using cage decor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VaHerps.com :: Husbandry Discussion Forums :: General Care Discussion-
Jump to: